cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX53 schematics and PCB symbol

SamLiu98115
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm modifying the reference design of iMX53, where could I get the schematics and PCB symbol for the  Allegro SPB 16.3?

Thanks,
Sam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

aliabbas
Contributor I

we design our custom board based on imx535 processor so we need the symbols and footprints to start our design is it possible ??

another question is it possible to fanout and route the pcb with 8 mil minimum trace width and clearance as the manufacturer asked us ??

we downloaded the design files but we can't extract symbols and footprints from it ... is there any help

thanks all of you :) 

0 Kudos

DogZapper
Contributor I

Here is tech supports reply...

Dear Terry Carpenter,

Unfortunately we do not have the schematics in Orcad, they are done in Allegro. You would need to use Allegro. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Thank you for your interest in Freescale Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Should you need to contact us with regard to this message, please see the notes below.

Best Regards,
Sergio Solis
Technical Information & Commercial Support Freescale Semiconductor

0 Kudos

DogZapper
Contributor I

I'm having trouble getting the Imx53 quick start board schematic to open in Orcad.  I have the PDF file BUT i would like to have the Orcad version as well to start a new board layout... Anyone else having this problem.  I am using Orcad Capture 10.3.  I was able to open the Orcad schematic for the Display Expansion board.

I sent in a service request ticket to freescale concerning this issue.

1-857830392

0 Kudos

SamLiu98115
Contributor I

Hi Anand,

Thanks.

For the schematics symbols, I have copied those in the design cache and duplicate to my own library.

for the PCB footprint (I download the imx53_tablet_designFiles and there is one .brd) , I tried to export the library in PCB Editor, File->Export->Library, don't know whether it would work (have not checked).

This way it would save much of the work to customize my own board.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

AnandSureshraoK
Contributor I

Hi,

I am doing the same thing. you can refer schematic of i.mx53 quick start board. it is available. on freescale site. 

Garber file also available there, No PCB file. So you have to develop all footprint for it. 

Thanks 

Anand

0 Kudos