P&E USB Miltilink very very very slow with Codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E USB Miltilink very very very slow with Codewarrior

Adam
Contributor III
I am desperately trying to find out some info to try and fix a slow USB Multilink cable.  Using Codewarrior v5.7 for Coldfire Compiler v6.3 and Debugger v6.3 using P&E drivers v2.11.  The target is a Coldfire 5232.

We have a .elf file that is 1.3mb that is taking upwards of 5-7 minutes to download.  Judging from the P&E documentation, it should be able to handle 50kbytes per second.  So, I would think this is taking a ton longer than it should.

In the Codewarrior IDE, the Remote Debugger setting for the project is set for PEMICRO_USB with a speed setting of 0 (Fastest).

It just interests me that the same application can be downloaded via Wind River SingleStep with a parallel P&E BDM within a minute.

Can anyone help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you cannot judge the download speed from the size of the .elf file: the elf file contains debugging and symbol information. Only the code will be downloaded to the target. To know the code size you will need a dump/inspection utility or simply have a look at the map file of the linker.

For actual download speed (with eclipse based CodeWarrior) see

http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/men-in-black-are-back-flashing-and-fxing/

BK

0 Kudos