cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53QSB and Gingerbread

Pedro1z
Contributor I

Hello there!

I'm doing some works with i.MX53QSB and now I'd like to use it with Android. So I've downloaded the files for Gingerbread and followed Adeneo User Guide steps, using Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits).

Everything was fine, but then I've got stuck in "flashing microSD" step. When I execute "./flash_android.sh" (and even prebuilt one), it shows the microSD correct size (8 GB), the message "formatting partitions" appears, and then an error:

Cannot initialize /dev/sdc4 - File or directory not found

Looks like Ubuntu can't access its fresh created partition!

Does anyone knows what's wrong?

Thanks,

Pedro

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pedro1z
Contributor I

Hello again

Well, finally things are working here. I've created the partitions with GParted but without formating it. For this, I've used mkfs command at terminal and then dd command to copy Android files to SD. Now it's perfect!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Pedro1z
Contributor I

Hello, thanks for your help Qiang!

I've followed these new steps, and tried to create the partitions using GParted, but when I applied the configuration, the process stops at extended partition point. Here is my table:

N/A = 20 MB

MEDIA = 2.00 GB (FAT32)

SYSTEM = 1.00 GB (EXT4)

extended = 4.20 GB

DATA = 4.00 GB (EXT4)

CACHE = 198 MB (EXT4)

RECOVERY = 192 MB (EXT4)

What's wrong?

Thanks again!

Qiang Li said:

Since you can built out the image files successfully, maybe you can reference to Freescale Android BSP user guider to burn the image files to TF card.

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since you can built out the image files successfully, maybe you can reference to Freescale Android BSP user guider to burn the image files to TF card.

0 Kudos