banked memory error loading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banked memory error loading

lotfiB
Contributor I

I use the MC912D60A with HIWAREV6 IDE,  HI-WAVE V6.1 debugger and  BDI1000 for CPU12 V1.01 BDM probes.

Usually, to load my program, I use the script preload.cmd containing lines such:

Bdi flash.erase addr=C000

Bdi flash.load

Now, I want use the MC9S12DP512.

My difficulty is that I don’t manage to load a program located in a banked memory (loading error message from debugger)

I thus downloaded the limited version of codewarior developpemt studio and could load without problem a demo programme from page 20 to page 3F.

That enabled me to conclude that my BDI1000 works well.

Curiously, in the demo program, the file preload.cmd is empty.

I would like to know what it is necessary that I make in my current tools to load a program in any page of the memory, or if my tools are obsolete ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

You don't need to specify anything in the preload command file.

The parameter file (.prm) of your application will tell the linker where to download the code.
And the debugging cable will put it at the right place in memory from the addresses in the S-Record (.S19 or .S2).

You can see how CodeWarrior works by creating a project with the project wizard.

Alban.
0 Kudos

lotfiB
Contributor I
Ok Alban
The memory should initially be erased before to downloading anything.
It's this operation I can't perform. I already create a project with CodeWarrior, I have making an erase
and a download only after the activation of an option in the debugger: Use the debugger eeprom and flash
programmer. without, that does not function .
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

Yes, this option can be kept so it always reflash without asking.
For that, you save your configuration by File - Save.

Afterwards, in the debugger, you press the Debug button and it compiles/link/open debugger/Flash and is ready to execute.
That's the way I do it.
Alban.
0 Kudos

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I don't really understand which version this is about.
>I use the MC912D60A with HIWAREV6 IDE,  HI-WAVE V6.1 debugger >and  BDI1000 for CPU12 V1.01 BDM probes.

What is "HIWAREV6 IDE"?
I have the impression that this is a really old version, is this impression correct?
I remember that long long time ago it was actually necesary to have special commands in the preload.cmd and postload.cmd files. This has been changed quite some years ago so Alban is not even aware of that versions anymore :smileywink:.

Technically, sorry, I'm not so deep in flashprogramming as that I could really help how to setup it (even if I would know which version this is about). Does it support the
MC9S12DP512? If not then the answer may be as you guessed that you have to update for this chip.

Daniel

PS: Before the CodeWarrior times, the best thing to identify a version for me was the CD name (T99_G is still my favorite one, the last one you can start the tools from CD without installing them :smileyhappy:.
To get version information about the HIWAVE.exe, start it and type ver as command, copy paste the output. In CodeWarrior, the version information can be saved via the Help->About box.

0 Kudos

lotfiB
Contributor I
Hello,
Thanks for your answers,

It's indeed a version which dates since 2000,
I have 2 CD. The first, correponding to a demo version, the name is T99_G (like you),
and an officiale CD version whose name is P00_A1 with a licence.
I think that my product is too old. It's a pity because I do not often develop on the HC(s)12
to invest on recent tools. I have a project to realize now, I think that I will do it with the good
old MC912D60A.
I wanted to profit from S12 technology, without to change all my developpement tools.
And yet, I Think that a small thing must be modified to make it work.....(?), because my BDM probe
work well!

0 Kudos