new L26.35_11.09.01 image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new L26.35_11.09.01 image

MarkBewley
Contributor I

The new image has two rootfs files.  ext2.gz  and jffs2     Not the rootfs.tar.bz2.   How do I copy the file system to the sd card with these two files?

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

MarkBewley
Contributor I

I got this image from the FreeScale QSB page. It is the latest image that they have. Sorry for the questions but I am new to Linux so just bare with me.

mark

0 Kudos

rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

Could you please tell me where are you getting or downloading these files? (from freescale.com or from DVD?)

If you have the QSB DVD, there is a complete SD card image inside the VMware image. You can execute the vmware and make the SD image using dd comand.

Let me know if you have problems to get the image inside vmware.

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi, Steve Sparks,

Did not notice word "QSB". Instructions to use jffs2, is what I have read for EVK from User Guide.

As far as I know, NAND Flash is required to use jffs2 on EVK.

QSB I dont know....... Hope someone will take this.

Regards ::  Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos

SteveSparks
Contributor I

Krishna,

I disagree that "clear instructions were given". I have read the document "MX53UG.pdf", found at http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/MX53UG.pdf as well as on the DVD that came with my board.

- The strings "jffs" and "bx2" never show up in the document.

- The string "ext2" does not show, but "ext3" does, in an example.

The string "dd" does not show either; I had been trying to use that command to write the jffs2 to my SD.

Can you point out where, in the file I reference, the clear instructions are?

If I am looking at the wrong file, can you point out the correct file, and then the point in the file where the clear instructions are?

I've been fighting with this thing for a couple weeks now.

Thanks,

Steve

Krishna Pavan said:

Hi mark,

rootfs.jffs2 is a Journelling flash file system.

check to use the same or you can mount the files onto SD Card, following the instructions from the User_Guide.

Clear instructions were given.

regards :: krishna pavan

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi mark,

rootfs.jffs2 is a Journelling flash file system.

check to use the same or you can mount the files onto SD Card, following the instructions from the User_Guide.

Clear instructions were given.

regards :: krishna pavan

0 Kudos

MarkBewley
Contributor I

I am trying the make a boot sd card for the QSB. I need to install the root file system. With the older rootfs.tar.bz2 I had no problem following the Linux_BSP_User's_Guide but with the newer image 11.09 it does work. Is rootfs.jff2 a zip file?

Thanks Again

Mark

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi,

Is it that you want to unzip a ext2.gz file and use it or is it that you want to use rootfs.jffs2?

Regards krishna pavan

0 Kudos

MarkBewley
Contributor I

Thank you!    I tried but it is not a .bx2 file. What arguments do I use? --xjvf does not work.

Thank You

Mark

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi Mark Bewley,

rootfs.jffs2 is the required file.

Follow the instructions from the Linux_BSP_User's_Guide from freescale  Website!

Regards :: Krishna Pavan

0 Kudos