PROBLEMS WITH MC13213 SCI/CHARACTER 0X0A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH MC13213 SCI/CHARACTER 0X0A

Favaro
Contributor I
Hi, I'm developing an application using MC13213, that application receives a setup package via Air in the routine named "void MCPSDataIndication(tRxPacket *gsRxPacket) ", and the device is responsible for configure a peripheral using serial RS232 coommunication.

1) The first problem that I've faced is that the peripheral just talk in 7 bits word size and MC13213 unfortunatelly uses 8 or 9 bits. This problem I solved just putting a 7 bits mask on the information.

2) The second problem that I didn't solved yet, is that when I receveid the packed on the "void MCPSDataIndication(tRxPacket *gsRxPacket) ", there is an information that is 0x0A or LF, and when I dump memory in order to find this character in the sequence that I receive I can't found.
If, for example I send 0x0C against 0x0A, I can see 0x0C in memory.

Question: Has MC13213 some limitation regarding the character set that I can use?

Could someone expert help me?

Thanks in advance,
Luciano Fávaro.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fgs_chuck
Contributor I
Luciano,

Depending upon the peripheral that is at the other end of the serial port, it may be sending a "\r\n" sequence instead of only a LF terminator. If so, then look at your system code for fetching the RS-232 data. Depending upon your files, it may be the SCIgets() function in SCI.c. In the SMAC samples for the MC13213, this SCIgets() uses 0x0D (or '\r') as the line terminator for RS-232 data.

Regards,
Chuck Matthews

0 Kudos