cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with memory

subbaraju
Contributor I
hi,
  i am using mc68hc12 microcontroller. i am facing problem with the memory always. i think the memory on the board is 256Kb. even if i write a program of about 19kb code and 22kb data. program is compiling properly with no errors, but it is not possible to debug. showing no memory at "no memory at 3BC2:2". please help me to solve the problem.
 thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

subbaraju
Contributor I
thanks for quick replay,
    i am using dp256b, i am saying about the total memory avialable on the board. please let me know the memory capacity of each memory in the board.
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
That microcontroller only has 12 kBytes of ram, not enough for 22 kBytes of data.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,
Just to set the record straight for people trying to help, the DP256B is probably an S12 and not a HC12.

You can get the memory of the device by reading the Datasheet.
The DP256B means 256KB of flash, the rest is in the device user guide.

Note that B at the end shows an old flash technology.
It would be judicious not to use this device for new development but to prefer the MC9S12DP256 or the one with a E at the end (RoHS-Lead Free) as their flash is much better.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Subbaraju:

We would need to know which MC68HC12 you are using, in order to know how much memory you really have.

22 kBytes is an awful lot of data, and I'm not sure whether your microcontroller has that much ram. You are probably fine as far as program space, however, with only 19 kbytes of code.
0 Kudos