Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Primary Console during Boot

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hey Gang,

I'm working with an i.MX233 and I would like to:

1. Change the primary console to the USB port (which is configured as a USB Serial Gadget - /dev/ttyGS0) from the default (/dev/ttyAM0)

2. Turn off the Login and have the console come up directly. 

3.  Run a startup script run in sysconfig-mx.spec (invoked after the line "# You can put your own initialization stuff in here") which sets the initial directory, sets the touchscreen export variables and starts some background processes. 

For the different points, I believe that the way to do it is through these interfaces:

1.  I believe that I can change default console in sysconfig-mx.spec - it should be changed after the USB Serial Gadget is enabled (selected in ltib and started up from sysconfig-mx.spec with the line "modprobe g_serial") .  But I can't find a reference to it. 

2.  I can turn off the login by unselecting "boot up with a tty and login" in ltib, but I loose the ability to Ctrl-C out of applications.  These seems to be a known problem with solution which is to include "cttyhack", I add it in ltib, but it doesn't make any difference.  Any ideas how to link it in with the primary console terminal session (ideally after it changes to the primary console to the USB serial gadget)? 

3.  The start up script placed in sysconfig-mx, definitely executes (I have placed an "echo 'Script Running'" statement in it) but the touchscreen export variable statements are not active in the primary console and the initial directory is not set - the other actions (which includes the USB modprobe statement) are executed. 

I would think this is a fairly easy thing to do, but for the life of me, I can't find a reference or examples showing how it could be done - can anybody point me in the right direction? 

Thanx,

myke

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am running Linux version 2.6.31. 

myke

0 Kudos