Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Qt5 for imx53

DidiGo
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to build Qt5 for imx53.

Reading this forum post building-qt-for-imx5x and this qtdev post building-qt5-from-git I didn't succeed in building Qt5 for imx53.

I managed it to install LTIB so far. This forum post is about building Qt 4.7.4 on imx5x. In my opinion it should work with Qt5 as well.
The next step for me is to build Qt5 based on the toolchain and libraries provided by LTIB.

The problem is, that the linker can't find some libraries. I was able to find some of the headers manually. These are the headers that the linker couldn't find:
https://community.nxp.com/discussions/472-missinglibs.JPG" target="_selfhttps://community.nxp.com/discussions/473-missinglibs.JPG" target="_self474-missinglibs.JPGhttps://community.nxp.com/discussions/476-missinglibs.JPG" target="_self

Additionaly the arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ compiler does not recognize the following arguments:
-mmx
-m3dnow
-msse
-msse2
-msse3
-mssse3
-msse4.1
-msse4.2
-mavx
-lxcb

That's a part of the output of the building process (look the attached output of the configure command, to view all of the error messages):
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c -pipe -mmmx -g -Wall -W  -I../../../mkspecs/linux-g++-mx5x -I. -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/include/libxml2 -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/mysql -I/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/include -o mmx.o mmx.cpp
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-mmmx"
make: *** [mmx.o] Error 1
mmx disabled.

Any ideas how to include these missing libraries?

Did somebody succeed in building Qt5 for any imx?

I tried to do it like this:
QMAKE_LFLAGS_RPATH = -Wl,-rpath,
QMAKE_RPATHDIR      += "/tftpboot/ltib/usr/lib"
QMAKE_RPATHDIR      += "/tftpboot/ltib/usr/local/lib"
QMAKE_RPATHDIR      += "/tftpboot/ltib/lib"

but this approach didn't work.

Thanks
Dietrich

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DidiGo
Contributor I
I have managed it to enable OpenGL ES 2.x and XLib during the Qt5 compilation. Now I am recieving this error message: xcb auto-detection... () /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -I../../../mkspecs/linux-g++-mx5x -I. -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/tftpboot/ltib/usr/include/libxml2 -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/lucid/imx/11.09/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/xcb -I/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/include -o xcb.o xcb.cpp xcb.cpp:46:27: error: xcb/xcb_icccm.h: No such file or directory xcb.cpp:50:27: error: xcb/xcb_image.h: No such file or directory xcb.cpp:51:29: error: xcb/xcb_keysyms.h: No such file or directory xcb.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)': xcb.cpp:59: warning: unused variable 'connection' make: *** [xcb.o] Error 1 xcb disabled. The XCB test failed! You might need to install dependency packages. See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README. Xcb is recognized, but some headers are missing. Any ideas how I can include the missing libraries in LTIB? These are the required packages for xcb: libxcb1 libxcb1-dev libx11-xcb1 libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-keysyms1 libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-image0 libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-shm0 libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-icccm1 libxcb-icccm1-dev libxcb-sync0 libxcb-sync0-dev libxcb-render-util0 libxcb-render-util0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev
0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Instructions to build Qt5 from GIT are for native build, and cross-compiling should be done slightly differently. Hopefully you modified ./configure command accordingly and properly set up the mkspec.

MMX, SSE, etc. are x86-specific extensions that naturally won't work with ARM toolchain, so no problem with that. Not sure where XCB can be obtained from, if not in LTIB. Maybe can be cross-compiled separately as well if X is needed....

0 Kudos