cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding packages to ltib fails

Rooney
Contributor III

Hello!

I'm having problems adding packes to ltib using scbuild.

For the sake of completeness, I don't use the VM provided by Freescale, I'm using my own one, so that I can reproduce any step to setup my own development machine.

The operation system is Ubuntu Lucid 10.04, as the installation fails using Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu 11.10.

I could successfully install ltib using the bsp L2.6.35_11.09.01.

Generating the filesystem was successfully as well after installing the required packages on the host system.

sudo aptitude -y install gettext libgtk2.0-dev rpm bison m4 libfreetype6-dev 
sudo aptitude -y install libdbus-glib-1-dev liborbit2-dev intltool 
sudo aptitude -y install ccache ncurses-dev zlib1g zlib1g-dev gcc g++ libtool libncurses5-dev
sudo aptitude -y install uuid-dev liblzo2-dev 
sudo aptitude -y install tcl dpkg

But...

If I want to add the vim editor to my file system the scbuild process fails and the following output is shown:

Starting make in the src directory.
If there are problems, cd to the src directory and run make there
cd src && make first
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/spiderman/Development/ltib/rpm/BUILD/vim62/src'
creating auto/pathdef.c
gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I/usr/local/include  -g -O2        -o objects/pathdef.o auto/pathdef.c
gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I/usr/local/include  -g -O2        version.c -o objects/version.o
  gcc   -L/usr/local/lib     -o vim objects/buffer.o objects/charset.o objects/diff.o objects/digraph.o objects/edit.o objects/eval.o objects/ex_cmds.o objects/ex_cmds2.o objects/ex_docmd.o objects/ex_eval.o objects/ex_getln.o objects/fileio.o objects/fold.o objects/getchar.o  objects/if_cscope.o objects/if_xcmdsrv.o objects/main.o objects/mark.o objects/memfile.o objects/memline.o objects/menu.o objects/message.o objects/misc1.o objects/misc2.o objects/move.o objects/mbyte.o objects/normal.o objects/ops.o objects/option.o objects/os_unix.o objects/pathdef.o objects/quickfix.o objects/regexp.o objects/screen.o objects/search.o objects/syntax.o  objects/tag.o objects/term.o objects/ui.o objects/undo.o objects/window.o        objects/netbeans.o  objects/version.o       -lnsl  -lncurses      
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/../../../../arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [vim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/spiderman/Development/ltib/rpm/BUILD/vim62/src'
make: *** [first] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /home/spiderman/Development/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.2118 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/spiderman/Development/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.2118 (%build)
Build time for vim: 2 seconds

Failed building vim

f_scbuild() returned an error, exiting
traceback:
 main:560

Why is the system complaining about ncurses? libncurses5-dev and ncurses-dev are installed. Above all, ltib is working correctly if I build the complete system using ./ltib

What I did:

./ltib –p vim –m prep   ---> succeeds

./ltib –p vim –m scbuild   ---> fails, see mentioned error above

Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Regards,

Rooney

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Rooney
Contributor III

Oh, I see...

I acted on your advice and performed the following steps.

./ltib -p ncurses -m prep

./ltib -p ncurses -m scbuild

./ltib -p ncurses -m scdeploy

I didn't know that the complained dependency of ncurses was related to the target and not to the host - ncurses was already installed on the host.

After that I tried to build vim again. No error occurs complaining missing ncurses but an other error occured. So I cleaned up vim in rpm/BUILD/vim62 and repeated the following steps.

./ltib -p vim -m prep

./ltib -p vim -m scbuild

./ltib -p vim -m scdeploy

Compilation SUCCEEDED!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos

adrian_alonso
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, the spec file tha Daiane refers is the descriptor for the package failing in your case located at

<ltib-dir>/dist/lfs-5.1/vim/vim.spec

And you error is that it doesn't find a cross-compiled library for ncurses;

You can make sure the ncurses is enabled in your ltib configuration by lauching

./ltim -m config

And going to Package selection --> Package list --> ncurses

If it is enabled is marked as ([*] or [---]) you need to build ncurses first to resolve the missing

library problem for vim.

0 Kudos

Rooney
Contributor III

Sorry, I'm not really used to ltib, can you explain which spec file you want to have? Where can I find it?

By the way, is there somewhere a good description available for learning ltib?

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you, please, share the spec file?

0 Kudos