David Fitzgerald

Cross Compile for iMx233 using Freescale supplied documentation.

Discussion created by David Fitzgerald on Nov 30, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 by Daniel Martonicz

I'm using the Freescale supplied documentation to develop a simple Hello World for the iMX233. I have followed the instructions in AN3870 section 4 to configure Eclipse to build the programme - unsurprisingly it does not work.

It's such a shame that I have found that nothing works the way it is meant to first time, if ever.

**** Build of configuration MX23-Debug for project HelloWorld ****

make all
Building target: HelloWorld
Invoking: GCC C Linker
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -L/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/lib -o"HelloWorld"  ./src/HelloWorld.o   -l/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.1.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -l/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [HelloWorld] Error 1

/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib is very much available so I do not know why it cant be found.

The shocking "support" from Freescale always guides me "back to the forums" so I wonder if anyone can help with this?

On Ubuntu 10.04 using Eclipse-cpp 3.4.1

Attachments

Outcomes