cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53. BSP linux 11.01. How do I set the screen in portrait mode

xpetersson
Contributor I

Hi !

I have a problem to set the synchronous display in portrait mode.

We are using imx53 with linux bsp 11.01.00 from freescale. The display info is 1080p (1920x1080) . The gui that we are using is QT. The framebuffer driver is mxc_ipuv3_fb.c

I am a little confused how the IPU driver interface works and how to tackle the problem. I can see that the frame buffer driver does not support rotation, even if the underlying layer (fbmem) initiates a /sys interface with function "rotate".

Frambuffer driver initiate the synchronous display with information from the background channel so I guess that I can't use background layer for portrait mode if I don't modify the driver.

The QT use background channel as default and overlay channel for showing videos.

I've looked at IPUV3 lib and the unit tests that come with BSP. I've tried a test with a square as shown through the IPU lib and use overlay channel.  I set the square to rotate 90 and 180 degrees. But I get no response and do not notice any difference. I'm not sure that the software is working properly! and initiates IRT block.

I can imagine that I have two ways to go.
1. modify the frame buffer driver, so that it supports rotation
2 change in QT Linux framebuffer interface so that it uses overlay channel and goes through IPUV3 Lib ..

But is there anyone who has received IPUv3 to rotate images, and have encountered this problem? Some idea how I should do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

xizhouwang
Contributor II

Want to use the screen in portrait mode on QSB with Linux. I am also intersted in how to rotate display permanetly with correct touchscreen action in Inflexion GUI.

Thanks

Daiane Angolini said:

I have already worked with IPU tests from unit_test, I don´t think it´s broken. Can you, please, share the command lines you´ve been triyng?

The goal for unit_test is rotate something on the screen, and nothing rotate permanetly the screen output.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have already worked with IPU tests from unit_test, I don´t think it´s broken. Can you, please, share the command lines you´ve been triyng?

The goal for unit_test is rotate something on the screen, and nothing rotate permanetly the screen output.

0 Kudos