head for MC34708

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

head for MC34708

jpw
Contributor I

I had started software development on a custom iMX53/MC34708 based board (hardware is right in front of me) assuming that the latest head (tag rel_imx_2.6.38_11.09.01) from opensource.freescale.com/git/linux-2.6-imx.git was the actual latest. However, it appears that this doesn't include support for the MC34708 (or QSB v2) at all.

I did notice that MC34708 code exists back in tag rel_imx_2.6.35_11.05.01, although for some reason or other it doesn't produce uImages in quite the same format or something and aren't bootable (in the same way as newer versions at least). Maybe I was doing something simple wrong with that but I didn't really want to pursue an older branch.

Anyway, this was a few days before the L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER package for QSBv2 was uploaded to Freescale's website. The version of the kernel in that package does work and supports everything OK as far as I can tell so far, but just doesn't seem to match any of the opensource git branches - it's some kind of cherry picked version or a branch that isn't listed. The non-QSBv2 11.09.01 zip package might match rel_imx_2.6.38_11.09.01 but I don't want to download another GB to check.

Since we're working with git for control here anyway, it seems a bit inelegant to not just work directly from a properly cloned repo (i.e. from the giant base+patch pile updated every few months). Also I'm not sure if rebasing to a future version will be quite so nice if I don't have a full history (I see linaro is up to 3.x?), for inevitable support of some bleeding edge driver.

Am I missing something or should I just hassle Freescale to update the public repo?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies