cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helium RTOS for 9S08 Core MCUs

NeilKlingensmit
Contributor I

Hey everyone:

I've written a small task scheduler for the 9S08 core. The source code is attached in ZIP format, and documentation is available at helium.sourceforge.net.

Cheers,

Neil Klingensmith

serial.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-04 01:58 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

sauliuz
Contributor I

Hi Neil,

I was testing your Helium RTOS 2.0 for a while.

I think I found numerous bugs in the code, including context switch and I think I have managed to solve them.

Here is the Code Warrior 6.3 project for DEMO9S08DZ60, that is for DZ60 micro.

It is a nice working example which might be usefull for somebody and also you could review the changes that I have made and possibly update the version on sourceforge.

The explicit comments regaring changes I have left on heliumRTOS Yahoo group. All the changes made by me in the code has a comment with symbols "(SJ)".

Chanes were made to all RTOS files.

Provided project has 3 threads + Idle, 2 fifo pipes, SCI driver writte by me with 1 mutex. Uses some ~750 bytes of RAM in total and at least with those tests that I have made seem to work as expected.

It would be good if someone could put some testing effort in to this RTOS. Becouse it looks like it is really lightweight, simple and easy to port RTOS, but things that I found bring some reliability concerns.

Saulius

0 Kudos

MQXuser
Contributor III

I would like to test your project, what do you think about running using Helium for a DZ16 or DZ32 ?

Regards

0 Kudos

sauliuz
Contributor I

Hej,

Currently I see the project occupies 3695 bytes of flash and 795 bytes of RAM.

Subtract it from what your particualar micro has and that is what you are left for your application.

Posted project should run even on DZ16. But since it has just 1kB of RAM there is not much left to do. For testing purpose only I guess...

If you try to replicate the project board look to DEMO9S08DZ60 schematics. Crystal is 4MHz..

By the way here is a small update.

I added tx buffer for SCI driver, bus clock tuned to 16 MHz (was 8), plus some minor changes.

Saulius

0 Kudos

sagar
Contributor I
Hi Neil,

I gone your site. I am not getting how to configure the serial projects. As some of the include files are missing in serial folder like os.h. Please guide me in configuring the project in code warrier.

Regards
Sagar
0 Kudos