Massimo Casoni

LTIB: how applying a patch?

Discussion created by Massimo Casoni on Nov 16, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 by KrishnaPavan

I'm a novice to Linux embedded and LTIB, and I'm evaluating the i.MX53 QSB with Freescale Linux BSP. After downloading and extracting the L2.6.35_11.09.01_source_bundle.tar.gz contents, I got:

- L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_docs.tar.gz

- L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_images_MX5X.tar.gz

- L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source.tar.gz

as described in the "i.MX53 START 11.09.01 Linux Release Notes.pdf" document. But that BSP also included:

- patches.tar.gz

I installed ltib and setup my Ubuntu machine following all steps described in the "i.MX53 START Linux User’s Guide.pdf", chapter 2. Only skipped the step #3, in chapter 2.2: "Install the patches located in the patches.tar.gz file"... It wasn't explained how.

Since some days I can compile the kernel and u-boot, generate the target file system, and run my "helloworld" on the i.mX53 target after cross-compiling.... but the 'patches issue' is still pending, and want to fix it before proceeding!

I searched around but haven't found a way for patching a package in ltib. Only found how patching my changes (eventually) with 'patchmerge' ltib command. But spec file seems to be required, and patches in the Freescale BSP only have .patch.

May you experts give me some help?!

Thank you

Outcomes