On my machine:
- /dev/sdc is where my 4GB microSD card is inserted. The device is NOT mounted.
- <INSTALL_PATH> is /home/IMX53. For instance, the full path to my rootfs would be:
To get the binaries, goto:
Then click on: "Board Support Packages (7)"
Then click on the "Download" button for: L2.6.35_MX53_ER_1109_IMAGE_
All binaries are from the "L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_images_MX5X" directory.
- u-boot comes from L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_images_MX5X/u-boot-mx53-loco.bin
- rootfs comes from L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_images_MX5X/rootfs.ext2
- kernel comes from:
1. Mount rootfs.ext2 on the loop device, and then copy to <INSTALL_PATH>/ltib/rootfs:
mount -o loop -t ext2 rootfs.ext2 /mnt/rootfs
rsync -av /mnt/rootfs <INSTALL_PATH>/ltib
2. Extract files out of the .deb file, and copy the boot directory to the just created rootfs:
ar xv kernel_22.214.171.124-imx_11.09.01_armel.deb
tar xvf data.tar
rsync -av boot <INSTALL_PATH>/ltib/rootfs
3. Copy u-boot-mx53-loco.bin to rootfs, and note the destination name change:
cp u-boot-mx53-loco.bin <INSTALL_PATH>/ltib/rootfs/boot/u-boot.bin
FYI only, Here's an 'ls -CF' listing of <INSTALL_PATH>/ltib/rootfs:
root@ubserver:<INSTALL_PATH>/ltib/rootfs# ls -CF
bin/ dev/ home/ lost+found/ opt/ root/ sys/ unit_tests/ var/
boot/ etc/ lib/ mnt/ proc/ sbin/ tmp/ usr/
4. Now use the flash_ltib.sh script to write everything. flash_ltib.sh is found at this link:
After flash_ltib.sh completes, you can remove the microSD card, place it into QSB, and Power Up!!
The kernel comes up, the Matchbox window manager shows on the display!!
I can login as root from the serial port, and I can ssh into QSB just fine!!
The worrisome part is a message that is displayed early on in the boot process:
U-Boot 2009.08-00358-g57b8640 (Sep 26 2011 - 09:49:07)
CPU: Freescale i.MX53 family 2.1V at 800 MHz
mx53 pll1: 800MHz
mx53 pll2: 400MHz
mx53 pll3: 432MHz
mx53 pll4: 455MHz
ipg clock : 66666666Hz
ipg per clock : 33333333Hz
uart clock : 66666666Hz
cspi clock : 108000000Hz
ahb clock : 133333333Hz
axi_a clock : 400000000Hz
axi_b clock : 200000000Hz
emi_slow clock: 133333333Hz
ddr clock : 400000000Hz
esdhc1 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc2 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc3 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc4 clock : 80000000Hz
nfc clock : 26666666Hz
Board: MX53-LOCO 1.0 Rev. A
Boot Reason: [POR]
Boot Device: SD
DRAM: 1 GB
MMC: FSL_ESDHC: 0,FSL_ESDHC: 1
*** Warning - bad CRC or MMC, using default environment
da9052_i2c_is_connected - i2c write success....
Net: got MAC address from IIM: 00:04:9f:01:e1:8d
***Note that I highlighted the text in red, it doesn't show that way on the serial console
I get that Warning message for any builds from LTIB that I do, so I decided NOT to do a build, and just use the supplied binaries. But even with the binaries I'm getting that message.
Note also I was getting the same result ("bad CRC or MMC") when using an 8GB card. (So I went out this morning and bought a 4GB card to see if I got the same results. $14.99 at Target BTW!)
My next step is to debug u-boot and see exactly why that message is popping up. Just glancing at the code, looks like it's from one of about 4 or 5 different possibilites.
More to come......