Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinCE Redundant boot on I.MX28 Rom code error HTLC0x8050100f

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

WinCeRedundantBoot.pdf

I have a problem using the WinCE redundant boot feature as explained in the

Freescale Windows Embedded CE 6.0 reference manual" chapter 14 NAND redundant boot" see attachement on the IMX28 EVK

We get error Rom code error HTLC0x8050100f

After loading the image with the imageUpdate.exe tool.The update reports update successfully, system will reboot please wait and a restart is occurring (as expected).

However, on  the debug port we see the following debug info:

rebooting... ...

HTLC0x8050100f

When we push the reset button, the only thing that is happening is a print of the same last error code.
To recover we have to disconnect the power and reconnect it again.

Now everything is starting up again but after the image starts we got the
following question:

Do you want to recover boot stream two? Probably as a result of the unfinished update.  (recovery works fine)

Is there a list of the rom error codes for the imx28?

Any help appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

MarcCoussement
Contributor I

Hi,

By reverse engineering in found that the redundant boot is only implemented for the E-boot section.

I make a new update tool for updating the WinCe section, but this is not redundant.

Marc

0 Kudos

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi Marc,

I realise this post is a few years old but I wondered if you managed to write a tool for updating Windows CE on the iMX28? We are looking to do the same thing and I have a few ideas on how to go about it but wondered if you managed to create a working tool?

Kind regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Gatts
Contributor I

Is this error fixed?. Can you let me know if you've any pointers for how to boot up as redundant boot in SD Card.This is in case if it fails to boot up from the primary partition.

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The error 0x8050100F means "Requested data beyond the end of a section" for call.

Maybe in nk.bd file, you had defined "    call xxxxx;", but in the real nk.sb, there is no define for xxxxx, then you will get such error.

0 Kudos