cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx27 video playback with new codec

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Dear All: 

Does anyone try to use the new codec from freescale to decode the video on mx27? The new codec is for mx53, but I am wondering whether it can be used on mx27 or not

Thx & B. Regards

Patrick Chau

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

JiJianFeng
Contributor I
It could be, there is one vpu unit test in /unit_tests/, you can try to execute it to check the vpu can work or not. the input should be raw video streams.  for example /unit_test/mxc_vpu_test.out -D "-f 2 -i test.h264".
0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Feng:

I am using the following settings for mx27:

linux-2.6.35.3

fsl-mm-codeclib-2.0.1

imx-lib-11.05.01

firmware-imx-11.05.01

gst-fsl-plugin-2.0.1

gstreamer-0.10.35

gst-ffmpeg-0.10.11

gst-plugins-bad-0.10.22

gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.18

gst-rtsp-0.10.8

gst-fluendo-mpegdemux-0.10.23

gst-plugins-good-0.10.30

gst-plugins-base-0.10.35

the above settings are also working on mx53qsb.

I have tried to add "flags=0x57", it also fails, and eventually, it hands the system, the log message is attached.

As you know that I am kernel 2.6.35.3, it is from ltib, version 11.05, which from mx53 BSP, this version of kernel doesn't officially support mx27, I have have port all the driver for my mx27, my mx27 platform is our own design which is based on mx27ads. So do you think it may due to incomplete driver porting? and any way to verify the VPU is working for my kernel?

Thx & B. Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Ji Jian Feng said:

I checked your log file and found it is caused by linked with software csc function. It should not be invoked because there is no buffer copy between vpu and v4l display. one zero-copy mechanism is designed to improve the video performance. To implement it, the gstreamer core and base also should be updated. Could you confirm it Do you updated the gstreamer related core and base package in this case?

Also you can try the following command first to check if there is nothing else wrong:

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///bunny.m4v flags=0x57

The NATIVE video will be enabled in this case ( no software CSC and video scale function).

0 Kudos

JiJianFeng
Contributor I

I checked your log file and found it is caused by linked with software csc function. It should not be invoked because there is no buffer copy between vpu and v4l display. one zero-copy mechanism is designed to improve the video performance. To implement it, the gstreamer core and base also should be updated. Could you confirm it Do you updated the gstreamer related core and base package in this case?

Also you can try the following command first to check if there is nothing else wrong:

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file:///bunny.m4v flags=0x57

The NATIVE video will be enabled in this case ( no software CSC and video scale function).

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Feng:

Yes, that is what I am using, but it seems fail, the message "VPU blocking: timeout" message is displayed. Attached with the log for running gst-launch.

Have you ever tried? do you know why?

Patrick

0 Kudos

JiJianFeng
Contributor I
Which version is this new codec? I guess 11.05 MX53 release may be okay for MX27 platform.
0 Kudos