cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video playback using Qt on i.mx53

Kalleanka
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm currently struggling to get video playback working on i.mx53 using GStreamer, Phonon (and it's backend to Gstreamer) and Qt.

Video currently plays in Qt, but it uses SW codecs (too slow, and also blue/red are swapped). Using gst-launch I can play video without problems (actually, it looks fantastic!).

Browsing around I found a new and rewritten backend for Phonon that seems to use playbin2 in GStreamer. This might actually solve things for me, as this is what I use when using gst-launch. The problem is to build it for i.mx53.

Has anyone managed to build this new backend or found another way to use the HW codecs when playing video in Qt on a i.mx53?

Happy for anything that pushes me in the correct direction...

Best regards, Jonas

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlbertoFontan
Contributor I

Hello,

I Trying play video with phonon+gstreamer+qt 4.74. I have compiled Qt libraries and with my program (that its ok in my pc) i can not play video. There is no errors, but i can see  anything, only a Qt window with white background.

Do you explain me how do you get play video with Qt+phonon and what libraries is necesary compile in ltib??

Thank you

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III
I'm not familiar with phonon, if it use playbin originally, it should be easy to switch to playbin2 since playbin and playbin2 have similar interface
0 Kudos

Kalleanka
Contributor I

Yes... But how do I make Phonon backend use playbin2?

Best regards, Jonas

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

all freescale hardware-accelerated plugins are test with playbin2, so i recommended to use playbin2.

0 Kudos