BeeKit - Mesh Routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BeeKit - Mesh Routing

jojo_white
Contributor I
I was wondering if the HA Apps will work if you select "No security with mesh routing" in the BeeKit? I looked through the application notes and it only mentions that the WirelessUART App has mesh routing capability.

The reason I ask is because I created a HA Light/Switch application (by selecting "No security with mesh routing" ) and am having trouble forming a multi-hop network.

Thanks

Message Edited by jojo_white on 2007-03-1912:58 PM

Alban Edit: FSL Part Number in Subject line.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-03-19 01:16 PM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

KRichard
Contributor II
Hello Jojo!

I have tried out the light switch application and works as expected but I could not set up a multihop network (only star network-like topologies seem to work). I hope other people will weigh in with their experiences:smileyhappy:

Richard
0 Kudos

nanwhiz20
Contributor I
Hi Richard,

I have just started to explore the Beestack . I need to design a temperature sensing application . To get a general understanding, I have started by  running the simple HA On/Off Light application. In that I am able to get only the coordinator ( light) and the switch (end device) to interact. However, I can't seem to get a network running with more than two nodes in any application. (More than two devices do not bind).

Can you please guide me on how I can set up a simple star network with a couple of nodes and read data ? Also, are there any documents which run the users on how to use Wireless UART (range extender application)?
I wanted to learn from some examples so I could design my own application later, but can't find any other than HA On/Off Light.

Thanks
0 Kudos

JanellA
Contributor I
As soon as I successfully manage a multi-hop network, I'll add my experience to this thread. =) I'm still working on direct communication. . . -_-;
0 Kudos