cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming GStreamer user space applications for the i.MX51

LautaroCarmona1
Contributor II

Hi,

I started this discussion in order to discuss about how to program and cross-compile GStreamer user space applications for the SBC-i.MX51, making use of the freescale's gstreamer plugins:

•  
    • mfw_v4lsrc
    • mfw_v4lsink
    • mfw_mpeg4encoder
    • mfw_deinterlacer
    • mfw_h264decoder
    • mfw_mpeg4decoder
    • mfw_mp4demuxer
    • etc...

One of my 1st questions: how do I specify to the compiler to use the gst-fsl-plugins??

Today we are using arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc to cross-compile simple programs that, for example, uses i2c to read the TVP5147 device status. In that case, we use the following includes:

#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <linux/i2c-dev.h>

Attached is a simple source file that we use to access the i2c bus from a user-space application in order to read the TVP5147 chip Output Formatter 1 Register and display it in human readable terms.

To compile it we do:

arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc output_formatter_1.c -o output_formatter_1.o

And then we execute inside the SBC-i.MX51 with no problems.

My question is what should I include to our source file to make use of the Freescale's GStreamer Plugins?

Or should I use gstreamer pkg-config to get compiler and linker flags as the GStreamer App Dev Manual specifies in chapter 10.2?

Original Attachment has been moved to: 604-output_formatter_1.c

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

GongXiPeng
Contributor I

Thanks Daiane! It does helps!

0 Kudos

KanHU
Contributor III

If you use gstreamer as backend for playback. It's fine, since we make freescale gstreamer plugins higher rank than normal to make sure gstreamer will choose freescale plugins.

If you are compile some application using gstreamer, you only need including gstreamer common head files and link to gstreamer libs.

0 Kudos

LautaroCarmona1
Contributor II

Thanks Daiane! It does helps!

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos