cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable adb in release image from Freescale -blog archive

xiaodong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In prebuild image from Freescale Android release package, adb is disabled by default and adbd don't has the authority of root. So you don't use the command "adb remount" in PC. If you want to use own built image for debuging, you can build eng version or set ro.secure to 0 , ro.allow.mock.location to 1, ro.debuggable to 1 and persist.service.adb.enable to 1 in build\core\main.mk entirely and ignore TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT.

If you use prebuild image, you must modify default.prop in uramdisk.img.

# dd if=uramdisk.img of=ramdisk.img.gz skip=64 bs=1
# gunzip ramdisk.img.gz
# mkdir ramdisk; cd ramdisk
# cpio -i < ../ramdisk.img
# vim default.prop   (modify
ro.secure=0 ro.allow.mock.location=1 ro.debuggable=1 persist.service.adb.enable=1)
# find . | cpio --create --format='newc' | gzip > ../ramdisk.img
# mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C none -a 0x70308000 -n "Android Root Filesystem" -d ./ramdisk.img ./uramdisk.img
Then burn new uramdisk.img to board.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mbp
Contributor V

Thanks for the input - I just tried this on my "MX51 BBG Android"  on the R10.4 release and STILL WinXP...

Cannot Install this Hardware

the hardware was not installed beacuse the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

The Device Instance Id is:

USB\VID_15A2&PID_0C02&MI_03\6&164EBA2A&0&0003

and the usb .ini file is updated with the 0x15A2.    and I have been through (over-and-over-and-over-and-over) the User_Guide adb setup. (even tried adding 0x18D1 as suggested elsewhere)

mike

0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V

FYI....  one must update the android_winusb.inf with the correct ID (in this case, .&MI_03) in place of the incorrect one (...&MI_02)

0 Kudos