cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

52233 and QSPI

Kremer
Contributor I
 Hi all

I´m working with MCF52233 and it´s QSPI interface.
 The code below was written to make the QSPI send 7 times a 16bit data of (0xFFFF) and 1 time a 16 bits data of (0xFFFE) continuously (Wraparound enabled).
 I see it is sending those words of data continuously right, eg the SDO line is 3.3V during 16 SCLK pulses * 7 times it must send 0xFFFF, but at the end of the information (when it sends 0xFFFE) right after the last of the 16 SCLK pulses (when the SDO line is already low because the 0x FFFE) there are more 8 SCLK pulses that shouldn´t be there in my opinion. Right after those 8 SCLK pulses, the SDO line goes high again to the next round of 7 0xFFFF and 1 0xFFFE.
 So the chip is really sending 7 times 0XFFFF and 1 time 0XFFFE, but after this the SCLK line has 8 pulses more.
 Im my opinion, right after sending 0xFFFE the mcu should put the SDO line high and then start driving the 16 SCLK pulses for the next round of 8 16 bit transfers.

Can someone help me with this? What can i be possibly doing wrong?

Also, when i put this same code to run on Coldfire_Lite.mcp (yeah, this one with the http server), the signals start flowing right but suddenly the QSPI stops. Checking the QSPI registers, i see some function messed up with QMR value and the QIR, wich has to be 0x0001 (SPIF set only) has 0x0005 (SPIF set and WCEF set) indicating there was a colision. Since my code doesn´t write on QMR register anymore, some other code is writing to this it.  Does somebody knows who is messing with QMR or if there are registers ambiguity declarations?

Thank you

Regards

Code:
void qspi_init(void){/* Enable QSPI Pins Primary Functions */ MCF_GPIO_PQSPAR |= 0x1555;  MCF_QSPI_QMR = 0xC04B;  /* set up delay from chip select to first edge of QSPI clock */ MCF_QSPI_QDLYR = 0x0000; MCF_QSPI_QIR |= MCF_QSPI_QIR_SPIF;  /* Make sure SPIF is cleared */}                //reg_SPIDR; void qspi_init_cs5532(void){ /* set queue pointer to the first command RAM entry */   MCF_QSPI_QAR = 0x0020;  /* command entry for transfer to QSPI_CS0 */ MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xCE00;  /* set queue pointer to the first data RAM entry */ MCF_QSPI_QAR = 0x0000; /* data RAM entry for transfer to QSPI_CS0 */ MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFF; MCF_QSPI_QDR = 0xFFFE; /* set up wrap register for 8 16-bit transfers */ MCF_QSPI_QWR = 0x7800;    /*start the transfer */  MCF_QSPI_QDLYR |= MCF_QSPI_QDLYR_SPE; }

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mcf5235
Contributor I
Hi Kremer,

Good morning. I am trying to interface an ADC with the MCF5235 QSPI. Can you help me start off on this. It would be gr8  if you can let me know where I can get good ex (in C wud be wonderful).

Thanks a lot in advance
-Sreekar
0 Kudos

Kremer
Contributor I
 What a dumb... I forgot to count the position 0...

The following line solved the 8 pulses SCLK problem:

MCF_QSPI_QWR = 0x7700; 

instead of

MCF_QSPI_QWR = 0x7800;

But one thing still bits me. Who is messing with QMR on Coldfire_Lite.mcp, since it doesn´t use the QSPI and all the pins refered to QSPI functionality are fully avaiable in DEMO board, wich tells me that i can use the primary function of those pins to play with QSPI?

0 Kudos

Kremer
Contributor I
 Well, backing to the one man topic, i also forgot that this Coldfire_Lite new example has serial flash drivers on it, and of course that serial_flash_init() is the one who´s writing on QMR...
 So, i also forgot where my beer at...:smileyvery-happy:   Joking...

Cheers

0 Kudos