In many cases users want to be able to try the latest features of Gstreamer running on a more updated version than the one provided by LTIB.
The steps below show how to perform such upgrade.
1. Upgrade glib2 to 2.28.8:
- Copy attached glib2 spec to dist/lfs/5.1/glib2/glib2.spec ( glib2.spec)
- Download glib2-2.28.8.tar.bz2 from the web and copy it to /opt/freescale/pkgs
./ltib -p glib2 -m prep
./ltib -p glib2 -m scbuild
./ltib -p glib2 -m scdeploy
2. Upgrade gstreamer-core
- Copy attached gstreamer-core spec to dist/lfs/5.1/gstreamer-core/ (gstreamer-core.spec )
- Download gstreamer-core-0.10.35.tar.gz from the web and copy it to /opt/freescale/pkgs
./ltib -p gstreamer-core -m prep
./ltib -p gstreamer-core -m scbuild
./ltib -p gstreamer-core -m scdeploy
3. Upgrade gstreamer-base
- Copy attached gstreamer-base spec to dist/lfs/5.1/gst-plugins-base/ ( gst-plugins-base.spec)
- Download gst-plugins-base-0.10.35.tar.gz from the web and copy it to /opt/freescale/pkgs
./ltib -p gst-plugins-base -m prep
./ltib -p gst-plugins-base -m scbuild
./ltib -p gst-plugins-base -m scdeploy
4. Upgrade gstreamer-bad
- Copy attached gst-plugins-bad spec to dist/lfs/5.1/gst-plugins-bad/ (gst-plugins-bad.spec )
- Download gst-plugins-bad-0.10.22.tar.gz from the web and copy it to /opt/freescale/pkgs
./ltib -p gst-plugins-bad -m prep
./ltib -p gst-plugins-bad -m scbuild
./ltib -p gst-plugins-bad -m scdeploy
Do the same for the other gst packages.
In this example I didn´t apply the specific Freescale patches, but it is trivial and recommended to apply them.