Any plans for 32kB Coldfire?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans for 32kB Coldfire?

etops
Contributor I
I was wondering if Freescale are planning to offer any small memory Coldfire devices i.e. in the range of 32kB and below? I'm an existing ColdFire user but considering moving elsewhere as your competitors offer products in this range @ very atttractive price levels. I'd like to remain with Coldfire if possible but the smallest kB you guys support is 128kB. And as for why not use an 8-bit? - well if there's steak on the menu (atht same price) why take chicken ;-)

Anyone else out there need a small kB Coldfire?

/etops
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomFreescale
Contributor I
Hello,

Just so we can do an accurate comparison, can you tell us which part you are referring to? A part number would be good.

etops wrote:
I was wondering if Freescale are planning to offer any small memory Coldfire devices i.e. in the range of 32kB and below? I'm an existing ColdFire user but considering moving elsewhere as your competitors offer products in this range @ very atttractive price levels. I'd like to remain with Coldfire if possible but the smallest kB you guys support is 128kB. And as for why not use an 8-bit? - well if there's steak on the menu (atht same price) why take chicken :smileywink:
Anyone else out there need a small kB Coldfire?
/etops

0 Kudos