cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a program in uClinux

Roger
Contributor I
Hi,
I have just bought a kit from Freescale (M5208EVB-E) that I am going to use in my next project. My doubt is how to create a program in Codewarrior (I’m using CodeWarrior Development Studio for ColdFire, version 6.2) and then run it on uClinux.
First I tried to do a simple 'hello world' program in CodeWarrior end then I executed it doing ‘make’ e then ‘run’, it used the USB Coldfire multlink to write the program (in machine code) on the memory (flash or ram, I do not know which one), it worked ok. What I tried after it and it DID NOT WORK, was to get the files generated on CodeWarrior (hello.elf and hello.b, this last one I set to create in the ‘project settings > coldfire linker > generate binary image’) copy them to a folder in the uClinux end then to run this simple program from the uclinux prompt just typing the name program. An error occurred, and I just saw a lot of machine code (scrap) running in the screen. Is there some configuration in Codewarrior that I can change to create the right file to run my application direct on uClinux? If, yes. How do I do that? I got to do this (to run a program on uclinux) using the other IDE that came with the Freescale kit, the SBCTools, it does exactly what I told you above, it compiles the program, write to a folder /mnt/workspace end then I only need to type the programs name and it runs. But I want to learn to do this in the CodeWarrior.
Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

obidon
Contributor III
Hi,

My understanding is that you have to use CodeWarrior for ColdFire Linux platform edition (current version is 2.3) hosted on Linux to write programs to run in uCLinux. This compiles and links using GCC. The CodeWarriorTrk application running under uClinux allows debugging over ethernet, but you cannot use USB BDM for uClinux application debugging.

0 Kudos

Roger
Contributor I
Hi Obidon,

Thanks for help. I will try a CW for Coldfire Linux, this may solve my problem.
0 Kudos