cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging in Eclipse over NFS

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Hello,

I have an i.MX53 QSB, and I would like to code in Eclipse, and also debug in Eclipse over NFS. How do I install the right compiler for my board? Or is it better to compile everything with LTIB?

Is it possible to debug with gdbserver and eclipse? Or do I have to use ddd instead of eclipse?

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Regards

Nele

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Heyy

Do you use QT on you board? I can't cross compile it, I can compile it for my pc, but cross compiling doesn't work. I already tried it in ltib en tried to change the Makefiles.
Do you have any experiences with that?

regards

Nele

0 Kudos

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Hi

Well, if you follow the AN3870, everything is the same until pg 6.

On pg 7 --> directories is renamed and is now includes.

Then 5 Configuring Cross Debugging with GDB, you have to choose 'C/C++ Remote Application'. On the bottom of the window, you have to select 'Select Other' and pick 'GDB (DSF) Manual Remote Debugging Launcher'.

In the textbox C/C++ Application, I typed the location on my iMX.

In the tab Debugger -> Connection, that's where you can configure your connection.

I think those where the main differences. It's not that much.

If I forgot something, let me know.

Regards

Nele

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Nele,

I'm interested in using 3.7 - what are the things that I should be aware of?

Thanx!

myke

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Nope - Sorry.  I am using DirectFB as I don't need the lower level capabilities provided by GTK. 

myke

0 Kudos

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Hi Myke

Do you use GTK in Eclipse? I don't find how I can build it. http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics/build-gtk-in-eclipse-on-ubuntu-for-imx53-qsb

Regards

Nele

0 Kudos

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Hi Myke

Wel it's a little bit different with 3.7. To configure debug options, you have to choose remote application. And also pick 'Using GDB (DFS) Manual Remote'. If you want to use 3.7, I want to give you more information about the configuration options. Debugging works.

Nele

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Nele,

That's interesting that you are using 3.7 - were there any problems with the set up?

I get this warning as well and I have brought it to my FSL FAE's attention - when I search on it, I find several cases where it was a symptom of a larger problem and once it was fixed the problems went away.  There doesn't seem to be any connection to i.MX operation, but...

Right now, I am getting some instances in long debugging sessions where the target locks up and I get the message there along with "Stopped due to shared library events".  If you see this, please contact me offline so we can discuss.

myke

0 Kudos

NelePerdu
Contributor I

Hi Myke

Thank you, it helped me a lot. Debugging works now, but although sometimes it's weird.

I always get this warning :

warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libc.so.6" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

do you know how I can get rid of this warning? I'm working with eclipse Indigo (3.7).

Regards

Nele

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Nele,

I debug using Eclipse over NFS using gdb/gdbserver. 

Take a look at AN3870 on how to set up Eclipse (make sure you use 3.4/3.6 does NOT work as described in the App Note). 

Good luck,

myke

0 Kudos