Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JB16 RAM

elis
Contributor I

Hi there,

I got a question regarding JB16 MCU.

IN "MC68HC908JB16.pdf" section 9.5.1  http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/data_sheet/MC68HC908JB16.pdf

Say that RAM R/W enable in monitor mode in spite of "security bytes" failed  confirmation.

My question is, how can i get access to RAM using "ICD08SZ.exe" or CodeWarrior environment?.

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------

Attach the table from above pdf file

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Extended Security |Monitor Mode Entry Security | Monitor Functions Available         |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                               |       BYPASSED                     |  Read/write of RAM and FLASH     |

|      NOT SET           |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                               |       FAILED                           |  Read/write of RAM                       |

|                               |                                             |  Read of FLASH disabled.              |

|                               |                                             |  FLASH can only be mass erased. |

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

It is true, the Security Bytes don't cover the RAM.
To have access to RAM and Registers and not the flash in MON08, you just have to connect and "Ignore Security".

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

elis
Contributor I
Thanks for quick answer..
Actually, i don't want to perform a "mass erase", just to "monitor" data in RAM without valid  "Security Bytes".
Is the meaninng of "RAM R/W enable" refer to "Ignore security"?, i didn't find it in doc.
Thanks in advane
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi elis,

The "ignore security" to which Alban is referring is a selection within the P&E connection dialogue that appears when attempting to make the initial connection to the device.

0 Kudos