cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSB compatibility with large touch screens

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to use LCD touch screen larger then the 4.3'' MCIMX28LCD screen, and I wonder if there is such touch screen available that can be connected to the QSB as is (to the same socket as the MCIMX28LCD), without any hardware modification to the board. 

Thanks,

Chen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies

AlanLevy
Contributor I

I did mean change the code. I've not tried it myself because mys current project isn't using that LCD. If setting the rotate parameter doesn't work you'll just have to look at the code and figure out why not.

0 Kudos

xizhouwang
Contributor II

Hi Alan

The DIY job you mean is physical rotate the LCD 180 degree or it can be done by software code change? I tried to set the var.rotate = 180; in the mxcfb_claa_wvga.c before fb_set_var(info, &var); it seams not working.

The touch screen of EVK51 7" kit work fine on iMX53 QSB. Only the CLAA TFT need rotate 180 degrees.

Thanks

Alan Levy said:

I think that would be a DIY job.
0 Kudos

iafg
Contributor IV

http://www.touchrev.com/" title="http://www.touchrev.com/

702-TouchRevolution.png

Touch Revolution (TPK U.S.A. LLC)

Future Electronics is pleased to announce a worldwide distribution agreement with Touch Revolution. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Holland, Michigan, Taipei, Taiwan and Mainland China, Touch Revolution is a business unit of TPK USA, LLC. which is part of TPK Holding Co., Ltd., the largest projected capacitive touch screen manufacturer in the world.

Touch Revolution provides high quality, projected capacitive touch products to its customers. They design and manufacture embedded touch displays, touch sub-systems and touch monitors in multiple sizes for OEM/ODMs and system integrators to help them quickly add an advanced touch interface to their products. Touch Revolution was founded by industry pioneers in the touch device market with a vision of enabling the proliferation of intelligent connected touch devices.

Touch Revolution product offering includes:

TRū Touch Monitors

Fusion Touch Displays

NIMble Embedded Touch Computers

These are integrated capacitive touch solutions that are used in many high volume tablets today.

Please contact your local Future Electronics representative for information and quotes.

Thanks,

-iain

0 Kudos

YuriRapoport
Contributor I

Hi,

It figures out that multi touch displays are not supported by tslib. Hence, to make it work the driver should be compiled with FORCE_SINGLE_POINTER_SUPPORT definition. When the driver is compiled that way, the regular input module should work fine.

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos

YuriRapoport
Contributor I

Hello,

Do you know which tslib module should be used with egalax_ts driver?

Thanks,

Yuri

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I

I don't know where the IOMUX_TO_IRQ_V3 macro comes from, it doesn't appear in any of the BSPs that I have. Which BSP are you using? My code uses:

.irq = gpio_to_irq(DISP0_DET_INT)

As far as I'm aware, sharing the interrupt with the LVDS doesn't cause any problems, certainly it works fine on my QSB.

0 Kudos

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

Hi Alan,

I manage to get the driver from the Android BSP, and built it successfully as a module in my Linux kernel. However, I failed to get it work. I defined in arch/arm/mach-mx5/mx53_loco.c the following:

static struct i2c_board_info mxc_i2c2_board_info[] __initdata ={

{

.type = "egalax_ts",

.addr = 0x4,

.irq = IOMUX_TO_IRQ_V3(DISP0_DET_INT),

},

};

and  a call to:

i2c_register_board_info(2, mxc_i2c2_board_info, ARRAY_SIZE(mxc_i2c2_board_info));

However, this cause the LVDS display to stop working, probably because it uses the same irq as mxc_i2c1_board_info, which seems to define the LVDS display.

Do you have any idea what else is missing ?

Thanks,

Chen

0 Kudos

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

I will give it a shot.

Thanks a lot (-,

Chen

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I
It's an I2C interface - they've added an RS232<->I2C converter internally to the display. There's a ported version of the Egalax driver in the Linux kernel that comes with the Android BSP. It's in kernel_imx/drivers/input/touchscreens/egalax_ts.c. You have to enable the device in the kernel config file (CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EGALAX) and also add it to the I2C setup in the board specific initialisation (I2C2, bus address = 4, irq = DISP0_DET_INT).
0 Kudos

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

Hi Alan,

Do you happened to know on what interface the LVDS 10.1'' touch screen is connected ? Is it I2C, USB or RS232 ? The reason I am asking is that the EGALAX driver for the touch screen seems to support only the RS232, USB or PS/2 interface.

I am trying now to set up the touch driver, and so far not really sure which driver to look for.

Thanks in advance,

Chen

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I
I think that would be a DIY job.
0 Kudos

EricBruce
Contributor I
do you know it there is a fix for the touchscreen yet?

Alan Levy said:

A quick followup to my previous post. I've tried this with Ubuntu now and the following U-Boot command line enables the 7" display:

setenv bootargs_base setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB565,CLAA-WVGA

Unfortunately the display is upside down relative to the touchscreen. It should be possible to fix that without too much effort however.

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I
XGA (1024 x 768)
0 Kudos

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

Thanks for all the help.

Does anyone know the resolution of the LVDS 10.1'' touch screen ? 

Thanks,

Chen 

0 Kudos

RogerioNunes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you look at kernel 2.6.35 source code inside BSP 11.05, you will see that there is an implementation for adv7180 (drivers/media/video/mxc/capture/adv7180.c) that may help you for the software side.

0 Kudos

KevinChen_ng
Contributor I
I don't think qsb have cvbs input. You need  Translate cvbs to itu565 , then use csi0.

Chen Yosfe said:

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Is there a driver available for this touch screen as part of the Linux BSP ?

On another note - do you know if the QSB supports analog video input (for iPod out mode for example) ?

Thanks again,

Chen

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I
An 8-bit video interface (CSI0_DAT12..19 + vsync + hsync + pixclock) is brought out to the expansion header, but it would be a case of rolling your own hardware and software to use it.
0 Kudos

ChenYosfe
Contributor I

Thanks!

Do you know anything regarding my second question regarding the analog video input ?

Many thanks,

Chen

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I

A quick followup to my previous post. I've tried this with Ubuntu now and the following U-Boot command line enables the 7" display:

setenv bootargs_base setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB565,CLAA-WVGA

Unfortunately the display is upside down relative to the touchscreen. It should be possible to fix that without too much effort however.

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I

You have to download the Linux driver. See the following discussion:

http://imxcommunity.org/group/imx53quickstartboard/forum/topics/using-mcimxlvds1-101-display

Another possibility is the 7" LCD display that is used with the MX51 dev board (MCIMX51LCD). This should work out of the box if you set the display type to CLAA-WVGA. One health warning: I haven't actually done this on the Ubuntu distro that comes with the board, only on Android, however it's the same BSP as the MX51 EVK, so it should work.

0 Kudos