Android Console Output: What does a successful boot look like?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Console Output: What does a successful boot look like?

NathanJozwiak
Contributor III

Hi all,

This is my first time bringing up Android on a board, so I am not sure what to expect. I'm using minicom to view the console output (included below) and it halts at: "Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)". I'm not sure if this is an error or not...

I have no video output, I believe because of a possible issue with the reference voltage to the display. But I am wondering: what is a successful boot is for Android? And what should I be looking for? In Linux I would be looking for a user prompt.

Thanks 

-----

Freeing init memory: 196K

init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p5): recovery complete

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p5): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p6): recovery complete

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p6): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recov'enabling adb

# warning: `rild' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)pmem: request for physical address of pmem region from process 2109.request_suspend_state: on (3->0) at 30046366377 (1970-01-0200:00:12.707344)

Not all allocated memory blocks were freed. Doing it now.

Freeing list entry #0, gpuaddr=166000

Freeing list entry #1, gpuaddr=167000

Freeing list entry #2, gpuaddr=177000

Freeing list entry #3, gpuaddr=1a9000

Freeing list entry #6, gpuaddr=1fa000

Freeing list entry #7, gpuaddr=1fc000

Freeing list entry #8, gpuaddr=21c000

Freeing list entry #192, gpuaddr=190c000

request_suspend_state: mem (0->3) at 93582205252 (1970-01-02 00:01:16.24318)PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.

Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.

Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.

Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)da9052_tsi_suspend: called

PM: suspend of devices complete after 1224.256 msecssuspend wp cpu=400000000

PM: late suspend of devices complete after 0.719 msecsonly da9053 irq is wakeup-enabled

PM: early resume of devices complete after 0.588 msecs

IPU DMFC NORMAL mode: 1(0~1), 5B(4,5), 5F(6,7)wakeup wake lock: mmc_delayed_workda9052_tsi_resume: called

PM: resume of devices complete after 35.683 msecs

Restarting tasks ... mmc1: Card removed and resetting controller.done.suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (1970-01-02 00:09:11.111825785 UTC)

PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.

mmc1: Card removed and resetting controller.

Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.02 seconds) done.

Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.

Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

muthesrinivas
Contributor I

hi,,,,

I am  gettinig same kind of warning ,and my e-compass is not working i thimk,

The android boot logo is  always showing 90 degree opposit my switches side..and auto rotate is not working any one plz help me regard this issue...I uploaded my serial info file see that ..

thanks

0 Kudos

SyedRafiulHussa
Contributor II

Hi,

I am also getting same warning when I try to boot the board. 

init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'
enabling adb
# warning: `rild' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

I would be glad if anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks.

Syed Rafiul Hussain

0 Kudos

ikerMarinelaren
Contributor II

My question is, how have you done?

I have introduced the android O.S. from some expecific package for my i.mx508 e-ink from freescale, but I am not able to run it into my board. It even doesn't output nothing to the minicom.

What can I do? I have tried so many different ways of doing it...

0 Kudos

JesseDannenbrin
Contributor I
Another option if you do not have the display enabled is to set a wake lock via command line. this will prevent the console from going to suspend. 

$ echo  MYLOCKNAME  /sys/power/wake_lock
0 Kudos

NathanJozwiak
Contributor III
Thanks for the input Alan. I will look into the display issue more and see if I can find a resolution to that then.

Alan Levy said:

That looks to be correct. The Linux user prompt is there in your log output (it's the "#" immediately before the rild warning message). Once the device suspend happens (60 seconds after Android starts up) you won't be able to interact with Linux because power control is borked and the board generally locks up when it tries to go into suspend.

0 Kudos

AlanLevy
Contributor I

That looks to be correct. The Linux user prompt is there in your log output (it's the "#" immediately before the rild warning message). Once the device suspend happens (60 seconds after Android starts up) you won't be able to interact with Linux because power control is borked and the board generally locks up when it tries to go into suspend.

0 Kudos