i.MX53 application and debugging with Eclipse Indigo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 application and debugging with Eclipse Indigo

TxPomeroy
Contributor I

I'm having great difficulty using Eclipse Indigo to debug an app on my target i.MX53 QSB.  Specifically, I'm trying to debug the inflexion_demo app.  I've imported the project into Eclipse and am able to build and run it as long as I manually copy and run the binary to/on my target board.  What I'd like to do next is run it in debug mode so I can learn a bit more about what's needed in the inflexion code behind files.

My system gets the kernel via tftp and mounts the rootfs using NFS so I know my net connections are good.

I don't think the problem is in Eclipse but in the target.  I've tried setting up both SSH only and FTP only connections in Eclipse only to find that the i.MX53 doesn't have SFTP or FTP.  I've confirmed both of these deficiencies using the command line.

Regarding the SSH/SFTP problem, I'm using dropbear but it doesn't include an SFTP server.  When I try to use openssh instead LTIB can't build it (package download error). 

Regarding the FTP Only connection, I've tried to connect to my target board but no ftp server is running and I can't find one to add in LTIB.

If anyone has successfully used Eclipse Indigo to develop and debug (via gdb/gdbserver) please share your success story.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TxPomeroy
Contributor I
I did have success after I was able to add openssh to my kernel/rootfs. 
0 Kudos

PhilBrumby
Contributor I

Hi Bob,

Did you have any success with your debug setup? Afraid I can't help specifically about getting debug (via gdb/gdbserver) configured correctly, but regarding the Inflexion App what aspects of it were you hoping to debug?

You will be able to debug any application software modules the Inflexion Runtime Engine uses to fetch runtime data or functionality for use in the demo UI, but you'll not be able to debug inside the actual Runtime Engine itself as it's only supplied as a binary under the Freescale distribution of the product.

Thanks,

Phil.

0 Kudos