M5213EVB problem with illegal instructions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5213EVB problem with illegal instructions

Sprtng
Contributor I
Hi, I have the MCF5213EVB, and when I tried to compile the program i wrote for the board, it reports an error in one of the MCF5213xxx.h files, and it says that the instruction movec is not supported by the targetting processor. There are 3 similar errors, does anybody know which did this happen? Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II
Hi,

Can you post your project directory, it will be easier to diagnose.

regards,
Emmanuel
0 Kudos

Sprtng
Contributor I
Thank you Emmanuel, I'm downloading the update right now, I'll see if that takes out the illegal instructions for targetting microprocessor error and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Tong

0 Kudos

Sprtng
Contributor I
Here's the project directory, thanks so much for replying!

Tong

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-21 02:29 AM
0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II
Hi,

First, you might upgrade your CodeWarrior to 6.3, here :
https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=COLDFIRE-07-24-2006&nodeId=0127260061788214091513&...
Sorry, but your project contains too many errors, (more than 100), is this the right project?

Emmanuel

Message Edited by BugMan on 2007-02-0808:38 AM

0 Kudos

Sprtng
Contributor I
Sorry, that was indeed a wrong project folder..I named them the same..sorry about that, I'll upload the correct folder shortly!

Tong
0 Kudos

Sprtng
Contributor I
Here's the updated version.

Thanks,

Tong

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-21 02:25 AM
0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

There was something weird in the init part, so I create a new project with your files and it seems to compile and works for the Internal ROM target (you have to use Flash tools indeed).

Emmanuel

GPS_Firmware.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-21 02:26 AM
0 Kudos

Sprtng
Contributor I
Hey Emmanuel,

Yeah, there was something that's strange, I was working on it last night and was finally able to get it compile and run on the board after 10 hours of trying, haha.It come out to be that I had to rebuild the processor/whatever in order to get it to compile.. The joy, heh, Thanks so much for all your help!

Tong
0 Kudos