cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuts and Volts Robot...

kramkimby
Contributor I
Hello,

There was a month article dedicated to the zigbee development boards utilizing it as a remote robot.  I'm in the process of trying to develope my senior project from those articles but there are a number of referenced sites that no longer exist, not to mention, the articles are kind of sketchy on what apps to use and when.

I purhcased the development boards back in september of 2006 and the articles are from may 2006 and they reference a, "UART demo" program that I can't seem to find anywhere.  What I'm ideally looking for is a GUI interface that will allow me to control a differential set of motors, both on moving forward, one on moving left/right...  Can someone guide me in a direction on where I can find this demo and maybe some documentation that might help guide me through the process of installing and utilizing it? 

Thanks,
Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

stevasway
Contributor III
Hi Mark,
once you generated the Wireless UART project with BeeKit, you can try to remove the ACK handshake in the code, then you should to use a circular buffer to tx and rx.

Bye
Stevasway
0 Kudos

stevasway
Contributor III
Hi Mark,
download BeeKit, use Beekit SMAC codebase and make a new project choosing Wireless UART.
In this way the Beekit toolkit will generate a Wireless UART project.

Pay attention to the code because, in my opinion is not a good solution, is not a real wireless uart (if you try to send a stream you'll get some surprises...)

Bye
Stevasway
0 Kudos

kramkimby
Contributor I
Stevasway,

Hey thanks for the info, I actually did download that Beekit package this past weekend.  I wasn't sure which program to use.  I'm really pretty software illiterate.  I have taken a handful of courses in assembly, C and C++ but it was a number of years ago and I guess I'm just not confident in writing code and getting an output/GUI interface that I can utilize in wondows.  I will try and use the UART program but it sounds like it's not really that robust.

If you have any other suggestions on how I should proceed, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Mark   

0 Kudos