Cant get QSPI to work.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get QSPI to work.

Nilson
Contributor I
Im having problems getting my M52233DEMO board with MCF52235, QSPI isnt working.

Using a oscilocope on QSPI_CLK is just a 3.3V signal.

Anyone could provide some working code for QSPI? Registers settings and tips?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

redsel
Contributor I
Hi, I'd like to program the mcf52233 through the QSPI port.
I'm testing the connection with the SPIGEN tool.

I use two monodirectional non inverting buffer for translating 5V -> 3V3 (buf1) and 3V3 -> 5V (buf2) connected like this:

BUF1:    in: PC_CS out QSPI_CS
              in: PC_CLK out QSPI_CLK
              in: PC_DIN out QSPI_DIN
BUF2:    in: QSPI_DOUT out PC_DOUT

First of all I assert RCON to GND, then I press the reset button, and finally I release the the button and then the RCON.
I see using an oscilloscope that the CS, CLK, DIN signal works well, instead the DOUT doesn't work, it's grounded forever. I think that the chip is in EZ-Port mode, because the DOUT is grounded and not pulled up to VCC (as is in normal mode).
Someone tells me that I had to change the system clock to a particular value, but I don't understand how this can be useful because the CLK is driven by PC not by the chip.

Another question is related to the CS signal, I had to use che EZPCS or the QSPI_CS0 signal? beacuse I think that QSPI_CS0 is an output and it is used for programming from the chip another eeprom.

I've got no response from the micro if I send either a READ nor a WRITE command.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all
0 Kudos

Nilson
Contributor I
Thank you so much, now its working.

I got some examples in the forum and could see some signals.

Now i just need to now how to use it properly hehe.
0 Kudos

SimonMarsden_de
Contributor II
Hi

Did you remember to configure the Port QS Pin Assignment Register (PQSPAR)? You need to set this up so that the QSPI signals are brought out to the physical pins, otherwise the pins will act as GPIO

Hope this helps

Simon
0 Kudos