cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSBDM board connection error...

adige
Contributor I
Hi all,
 The attachment file shows the screen sht appear when i try to run CW debugger.Target CPU was KA2.
Any idea of it?

thnx.

/t

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 05:22 PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

You need to give details. The most obvious thing we get from your screenshot is that your laptop needs its batteries recharged...
First, you need to tell which hardware you use as there are MANY cables called OSBDM: http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=OSBDM08&message.id=212

Then you need to indicate which CodeWarrior version you use and with which Service Pack installed. If you don't know how to do, look at the help or in CodeWarrior Forum which explains how to do far too many times.

You can see from the screen that the "derivative is wrong": it states HCS908CT16_V4 and NOT KA2.
Also the status bar says "Unknown ($1301)".

There is no indication that your configuration (software, debugger, cable) supports RS08.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

adige
Contributor I
Helloo there,
 I m sending my KA2 programmer schematic.(CW ver:HC08 5.1, build 6124 and HCS08/RS08 Open source BDM Final Serv.Pack build 6290.)
 The firmware i have downloaded to board was given in this forum;opensourcebdm.abs.s19 (size 22KB)
 A new project (choosen target s RS08 Open Source BDM) has been created.But after this step i couldnt arrive to KA2.
 When i type "set gdi" to run opensourcebdm_gdi_s08_v3.dll,programmer led get blinking (but no action on Vpp controller pin,JB16 pin10)
 And also i have entered teh command to switch to unsecure mode by "call" command.
After many attemps i aware the satus of laptop battery status and decided to share this problem with forum userss.
 Symptoms r like that,the poor patient s waiting ur diagnosis Dr.Alban :smileyhappy:

Regardss

/t

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 05:21 PM
0 Kudos

joerg
Contributor II
Hi adige
Does the step up converter work? You can test that placing a 17k resistor from pin2 of U1 to ground. If on the 47uF C the VPP is not about 12V i would look at this section first.

Saluti Joerg
0 Kudos

adige
Contributor I
Hi Saluti,
 You are right.But i forget to update R1,R2,R3 values.When pin22 of JB16 goes to logic low, U1 generate 12V Vpp voltage with calculated values of them.I think the main problem is status of PIN10 so it never goes logic 0;for that reason Q2 stays at cut-off state evertime...

/t
0 Kudos

joerg
Contributor II
Hi

Try to place a 1N4148 from VCC to the positive pole of C1. Maybe the reverse body diode of Q1 is conducting and the RESET/ is active. Also check if the BKGD signal is low for a short period when powering the device ON. I suggest to put a switch to VCC of the KA and the BDM connector to be sure the KA is put in the monitor mode!

Saluti Joerg

PS. Saluti means somewhat like greetings in Italian! (same as viele Gruesse!!)
0 Kudos

adige
Contributor I
Hi dude,

I will apply your suggestions,thanks a lot...
And so sorry about Italian fault, i coldnt aware what does it mean.I know two words in Italian now makaroni and saluti :smileyvery-happy:

cheers..

/t
0 Kudos