PC/Mfg Tool does not recognize Mass Storage Gadget from i.MX233 EVK.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC/Mfg Tool does not recognize Mass Storage Gadget from i.MX233 EVK.

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hiya,

Having figured out the SD Card boot and SD Card NAND Flash update, I'm looking at the Mfg Tool for loading the i.MX233's NAND Flash directly. 

I can start up the Mfg Tool without any problems. 

When I plug in the EVK with the four DIP switches set to 0-0-0-0, the Mfg Tools, recognizes it at the expected USB hub as a "HID-compliant device" and the "MX23 Linux Update" profile is selected.  I also have the EVK's  connected to a serial port to observe the boot. 

When I click on "Start", the recovery Linux image appears to be loaded and the Linux boot starts and runs to "6.11 mxs-mmc: MXS SSP Contgroller MMC Interface Driver" or "7.63 g_file_storage_gadget: high speed config #1" on the serial display with the additional text on the LCD being:

Starting UTP

disable turn off display

uuc 0.2 [built May 17 2010 10:36:10]

UTP: Waiting for device to appear

utp_mk_devnode: creating noe '/tmp/utp' with 10+222

If I look at the PC's device manager, there is a new "USB Mass Storage Device" (when the Mfg-Tool gets to 7.63) at the next port on the same hub as the HID Compliant device. 

After a few minutes, the Mfg Tool stops with "Updated Error 0xffff0000 (-65536) -". 

Any ideas?  I'm running a Windows 7 PC (which hopefully isn't the problem).  I'm wondering if I should explicitly specify a Windows USB MS gadget driver for the device (crossing my fingers the next time I plug in it uses the same driver). 

Thanx,

myke

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

melmea
Contributor I
i have the same problem, try it on win XP
0 Kudos

erhan14
Contributor I

I have the same problem on Windows XP. Any one can solve this problem?

0 Kudos