fsl gnome release RAM requirement?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsl gnome release RAM requirement?

danix
Contributor III
Hey all, I build the FSL gnome release successfully, but when I load to the target, it says something like on the console .... mounting filesystems.... cp: write failed, no space left on device cp: write failed, no space left on device ... then it continues and lunches gnome(on my 3.5", 320x240 LCD), but 1. it's not responding while I'm touching the icons 2. more frustrating, when I tried to open totem on the command line, it says it can't open display and exits..... I am thinking.. may be the RAM is small for GONME, but I don't know can anyone verify that and explain what can I do to run gnome properly on my platform? In my custom board with imx23, I have 64MB of DDR RAM, 1GB NAND, 2GB sandisk SD and 320x240 LCD(I modified the default driver for lms430) (I'm booting imx from SD)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this problem is sometimes caused by too small temporary file system created by default by LTIB. Check /etc/rc.d/rc.conf and increase the value for TMPFS_SIZE from 512k to something bigger, like 8192k or similar, and those problems should go away...

br,

Vladan

0 Kudos