cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about an OSBDM Version table ?

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello People,

I would like to create a table keeping different versions.

May you please reply to this thread indicating the version you have identified and the differences compared to the ORIGINAL one ?

Currently it is quite messy (to stay polite) for someone who would like to start.

So far I have from the top of my head:

- OSBDM08 Rev0 - RockyRoad - Obsolete (incomplete archive) - Deleted

- OSBDM08 Rev1 - RockyRoad - Base for all others. - on this site - finalized

- OSBDM08 Rev1.1 (WTBMDS08) - Witztronics - change of PCB - finalized

- OSBDM08 Rev1.6 - 68hc08.net - JB16, Matchbox size project - finalized

- OSBDM08 Rev2 (OSBDM08+E) - Joerg - supports RS08 - finalized

- OSBDM08 Rev? - Jarin - (R)S08, unknown

If I made a mistake, please don't attribute to malice what could be explained by ignorance !
Just tell me and I will correct.

Alban.

Edit 20-01-07 - Removed Eckard TBDML
Message Edited by Alban on 2007-01-20 10:48 PM

Edit 2007-02-15 - Added Jarin + all project status

Edit 2nd December 2007 = Corrected link for Witztronics S08DBM

Edit 29th December 2008 - Added PGO realization.

Message Edited by Nabla69 on 2008-12-29 12:10 PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
26 Replies

Witztronics
Contributor IV

We have released our new WTBDMJS16.  Based on PGO's USBDM v3.2, with the added option for 3.3V or 5.0V supply to target board.

0 Kudos

thm59
Contributor II

Hello,

Here is my new version of OSDM: 

http://www.68hc08.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1012&post_id=10161#forumpost10160

This is an OSBDM-JM60 as proposed by Freescale (build 20.1), but limited to S08 (no Vpp for RS08), S12 and CF-V1.

It works fine with the CodeSourcery sprite (GCC for ColdFire). Home made, including the PCB, without expensive tools.

thierry

0 Kudos

irob
Contributor V
For what it's worth, the 9S08BADGE dev board from Future Electronics (not sure it's still sold anymore) has an OSBDM on it. I own this board, but sadly haven't had time to play with it yet. I'll report back when I do.
0 Kudos

markslFS
Contributor I

Dear all,

Courtesy of an order for my opto-isolated BDM interface, I have recently converted a bunch of my designs to professional PCBs (MTe01 [JB16], MTe02 [RSKA8], MTe04 [QD4], MDa01 [USBDM], IOp01 [Opto isolated interface]).

I'll be updating pricing soon, but the current R300.00 converts to about US$42 for the MTe01 + MDa01 combo (based on pgo's JB16 design, optionally including 12V charge-pump for RS series support).

Naturally, my location favours the South African market, but I have already supplied customers in France, Greece and now Germany.

URL:
http://www.grungetronics.com/products/freescale.html

Regards,
Kevin

0 Kudos

joncas
Contributor II

Hello,

I would be happy to add the availability of my hardware implementation of PGO's usbdm-jm60 Version 3.2 to your table:

http://www.flashgenie.net/USBDM.html

It mostly follows his schematic, except for leaving out the 12v programming voltage so it doesn't work for RS08 devices, but it works for HCS12, HCS08 and Coldfire V1, with a software-configurable option to provide 3.3V or 5V target power.

Compared to the OSBDM, PGO's implementation has the big advantage that a single bdm firmware supports all the above devices, whereas the OSBDM needs to be re-flashed with different firmware for each device family, and target power can be configured by software options rather than having to use hardware jumpers. PGO's version 3.2 now also works with the new V10 Eclipse-based Codewarrior.

Best regards

Robert

0 Kudos

irob
Contributor V
That's a very competitive price, joncas!
0 Kudos

markslFS
Contributor I

Dear All,

I've finally sorted out the bugs and have another hardware implementation of pgo's USBDM, including RS support. I've implemented it as a plug-in module, with an accompanying microcontroller board, using mostly MAXIM parts.

I've programmed / debugged the following MCUs: GT60, RS KA8, QD4 and JM32.

The URL is:

http://www.grungetronics.com/products/mda01.html

This module can be connected to any other MCU, as long as you adhere to the pin configuration / layout.

With sincere thanks to pgo.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Message Edited by marksl on 2009-04-23 06:56 PM
0 Kudos

irob
Contributor V

Watching the budding OSBDM over the years has been exciting to see the progress of the community.  Nice work, everyone!

What I haven't exactly seen yet is if there are any OSBDM hardware ktis available for sale yet.  Anyone interested in packaging them up for sale?

0 Kudos

Skippy
Contributor II

If a few folks, say 10 or more, would commit to kits or assemblies I would consider taking on the project.  Bill

0 Kudos

irob
Contributor V

Skippy, I'm first on that list.  9 more to go, people!

Which hardware variant would you be going with?

EDIT: I'd also add that cost would naturally be a concern for most people.  Perhaps you could provide a kit/assembly estimate, that would help persuade others to get on board.

0 Kudos

Skippy
Contributor II

Well, how many variants are there?  It might be possible to roll everything into one pcb and then do a "selective" assembly to get the variant desired. Otherwise, the most popular variant would define the design

Cost is always a high priority with my designs.  If you would kindly point me to the various hardware schematics I could easily do a bill of materials and pricing. 

How's that sound?

Bill (alias Skippy)

0 Kudos

irob
Contributor V

The list of current OSBDM projects is on page one of this forum.  There are several posted schematics, BOMs, etc.

I should adjust my earlier statement.  One of said projects is by Wiztronics, which is selling their OSBDM for $44.

0 Kudos

Skippy
Contributor II

irob,

spotted the schematics and other docs. Have not had a chance to look at them yet but will today. 

0 Kudos

bobbyAIR
Contributor I
This is my version of both osbdm and tbdml with the samehardware. I hope this is going to be helpfull. It is writen in Polish ( I don't have time to translate) but has many pictures so it shoudn't be hard to build it http://www.konar.ict.pwr.wroc.pl/uploads/download/hc12/osbdm_tbdml.pdf http://www.konar.ict.pwr.wroc.pl/uploads/download/hc12/osbdm_tbdml.zip
0 Kudos

AGIO
Contributor I
bobbyAIR, I'm going to build a programmer for S08 and S12... I wonder if you've been able to test your programmer with S12 microcontrollers, specially the NE64. I haven't decided yet which one of all the ones that are posted I'm going to use, I'm still gathering information...but all of them seem to be similar (the schematics) and I want to go deeper on the subject before building something as I only have 2 JB16DWE available and I don't know if there's a way to implement the same code whith minor modifications on the JB16JDWE. Thanks for any help you or anyone can give on the subject.
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V
Dear Agio,

You might wish to check this thread:
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240

I've confirmed (basic) operation with a NE64.

bye
0 Kudos

Bruce_andrew
Contributor I
This link seems to be broken:

WTBDMS08
0 Kudos

Nabla69
Contributor V
Hello and Thanks Bruce,

The new link is http://witztronics.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_18&products_id=31
I corrected the initial thread to reflect that.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III
Alban -

Do we want to include the EValue8 board in the list? It's not strictly open-source. I did see someone mention that they had one. It does use the latest OSBDM firmware.

- Mike
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Rocky,

I think it's a good idea to include that as well.
This way anything based on the OSBDM08 is at the same place.

I don't have any info on EValue8, may be you or Pingu ?
If you want, just edit my post and add it, please.

The user wanting to make it will be able to chose what to do and know why :smileytongue:

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos