Configuring etpu as GPIO on the MCF5232

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring etpu as GPIO on the MCF5232

Hossi
Contributor I
I´m using the MCF5232, connected with the BDM-interface and i want to use the etpu pins as normal gpio. When using these pins as input, every thing is ok, but using the pins as output it won´t work - until now!

Does anybody know exact, how to configure which register with which value, so that the etpu ports will work as output pin ?

best regards

uli
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

stzari
Contributor III
Hi,

Assuming that you have an eTPU function set that contains the GPIO function, using the provided functions (fs_etpu_gpio_init, fs_etpu_gpio_output_high, fs_etpu_gpio_output_low) should be straight forward.

Don't forget to initialize and start the eTPU using my_system_etpu_init() and my_system_etpu_start().

If you don't have a function set, then looking into the eTPU Site at
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=eTPU&;nodeId=018rH3YTLC00M9
you will see the link to generate one.

HTH
Stamatis
0 Kudos

Glacier
Contributor I
Hi,
   I have tried to use the ETPU functions in MCF5235. Basically, I got  a few basic ETPU functions running on the MCF5235EVB. The example code of these functions can be downloaded from Freescale. I used the TPU functions in MC68332 before and they are very simple and easy to use. Does any one know where to get the ETPU parameter ram map for each function (similar to those for TPU)? 

Thanks
Glacier 
0 Kudos

stzari
Contributor III
Hi,

I don't think that that information is readily available anywhere.
Since the eTPU functions are generated with a compiler, all locations are assigned at compile time. Thus you would need the compiler output to know where everything was located.

However, those parameters that are exported can be found in the auto-generated Header files (e.g. etpu_gpio_auto.h for the GPIO function).
You can also download and have a look into the eTPU Sources themselves to see how everything works.

HTH
Stamatis
0 Kudos