Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 4.5 (with XEP100 pacth) option help needed

Jump to solution
freescale_fan
Contributor I
Hi,

I need to enable some option that will allow me to power up a board(already programmed with my application), open codewarrior 4.5 (it has the XEP patch) , open the debug mode (using the softech evaluation board EVB9S12XEP100  which has an inbulit debugger, only the USB cable is connected to the computer) and pass the control to the debugger without it having to erase the Flash memory and the NVM memory in the XEP100, on getting control, the debugger without any erase operation should be just able to read back the memory locations and also be able to execute already programmed code.
Can someone pls let me know if there is any such option and what it could be.
Awaiting your response.

thanks..
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
When the debugger is started from CW, it gets passed the ELF file to be flashed. If you do not specify it, then it does not get flashed :smileyhappy:
This is specified in the project settings, Build Extras tab,
in the Arguments, delete the %targetFilePath part (this gets expanded to the elf file).
You can also start the hiwave debugger any other way, just make sure you loads the right ini file (SofTec_HCS12.ini for SoftTec) as project.
Then do a File->Load Application and press the "Load Symbols" button to load the debug info, but not the code.
There are other ways to do this via command line too (LOAD "Test.abs" SYMBOLSONLY).

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
When the debugger is started from CW, it gets passed the ELF file to be flashed. If you do not specify it, then it does not get flashed :smileyhappy:
This is specified in the project settings, Build Extras tab,
in the Arguments, delete the %targetFilePath part (this gets expanded to the elf file).
You can also start the hiwave debugger any other way, just make sure you loads the right ini file (SofTec_HCS12.ini for SoftTec) as project.
Then do a File->Load Application and press the "Load Symbols" button to load the debug info, but not the code.
There are other ways to do this via command line too (LOAD "Test.abs" SYMBOLSONLY).

Daniel
0 Kudos