cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qtopia-4.7.2 for i.MX233

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to cross compile Qtopia-4.7.2 for i.MX233.

Following is my configuration option:

../qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2/configure -v -opensource -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -pch -nomake examples -nomake demos -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-sse3 -no-ssse3 -no-sse4.1 -no-sse4.2 -no-avx -no-neon -no-qt3support -no-sql-sqlite -no-libtiff -no-libmng -no-libjpeg -little-endian -host-little-endian -no-libpng -no-freetype -no-openssl -nomake examples -nomake demos -optimized-qmake -no-phonon -no-nis -no-opengl -no-cups -no-xcursor -no-xfixes -no-xrandr -no-svg -no-phonon-backend -no-3dnow -no-largefile -no-gif -no-xrender -no-xmlpatterns -no-xkb -no-sm -no-xinerama -no-xshape -no-webkit -no-separate-debug-info -no-qvfb -no-gtkstyle -qt-gfx-linuxfb -no-gfx-qvfb -no-kbd-qvfb -no-mouse-qvfb -qt-kbd-usb -confirm-license -nomake tools

When I gave a make, I got the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/balaji/external/build-qt-4.7.2/src/tools/bootstrap/libbootstrap.a(compress.o): Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 40)
/home/balaji/external/build-qt-4.7.2/src/tools/bootstrap/libbootstrap.a: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [../../../bin/moc] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/balaji/external/build-qt-4.7.2/src/tools/moc'
gmake: *** [sub-moc-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Kindly let me know where I went wrong.

Has anybody cross-compiled qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2 for i.MX233?

Regards,

Balaji.V

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. It has something to do with the host machine. I got the same thing working on Ubuntu-10.10. I think I need to download some additional packages to cross-compile Qt on Fedora13 host.

Regards,

Balaji.V

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you may be having issues with cross-compiling + maybe ld that is run is not the the one from the arm toolchain but from the Linux host? Might have to modify your qmake.conf file.

There's shouldn't be issues to cross-compile Qt to any i.MX platform. You'll find excellent instructions here: http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=All_Boards_Qt

I'm working on integrating latest Qt directly to LTIB, and I'll think I'll soon have something to share which will make building Qt quite straightforward...

Vladan

0 Kudos