cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTIB on Fedora13

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi

I have downloaded the L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_source_bundle.tar.gz from freescale.com and trying to install it. My host machine runs Fedora13. I could solve couple of problems myself, but got struck up at the third. I am attaching the host_config.log file.

Last few lines says:

In file included from /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/elftosb-10.12.01/elftosb2/EncoreBootImageGenerator.h:11,
from /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/elftosb-10.12.01/elftosb2/EncoreBootImageGenerator.cpp:8:
/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/elftosb-10.12.01/common/EncoreBootImage.h:101:32: warning: multi-character character constant
/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/elftosb-10.12.01/common/EncoreBootImage.h:102:33: warning: multi-character character constant
gcc AESKey.o Blob.o crc.o DataSource.o DataTarget.o ELFSourceFile.o EncoreBootImage.o EvalContext.o GHSSecInfo.o GlobMatcher.o HexValues.o Logging.o Operation.o OptionDictionary.o options.o OutputSection.o Random.o RijndaelCBCMAC.o rijndael.o SHA1.o SourceFile.o SRecordSourceFile.o stdafx.o StELFFile.o StExecutableImage.o StSRecordFile.o Value.o Version.o format_string.o ExcludesListMatcher.o SearchPath.o DataSourceImager.o IVTDataSource.o BootImageGenerator.o ConversionController.o ElftosbAST.o elftosb.o elftosb_lexer.o ElftosbLexer.o elftosb_parser.tab.o EncoreBootImageGenerator.o -lstdc++ -o elftosb
/usr/bin/ld: ElftosbAST.o: undefined reference to symbol 'powf@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'powf@@GLIBC_2.0' is defined in DSO /lib/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [elftosb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/elftosb-10.12.01/bld/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there anybody out there ran into similar problems?

Regards,

Balaji.V

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Just delete the relevant rpm folder created in your rpm folder and try ./ltib -p <spec-file>.spec -f

Regards,

Balaji.V
Jon Szymaniak said:

Per "/lib/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line" I tried adding -lm to the LIBS line elftosb-10.12.01/makefile.rules, and it now appears to be working.

However, I'm still getting up to speed on LTIB so I did this by diving into /opt/freescale/pkgs/, uncompressing elftosb-10.12.01.tar.gz, making the change, repacking it, and updating elftosb-10.12.01.tar.gz.md5.  I thought I should be able to to an scprep followed by an scbuild but ltib would "cowardly refuse" to build elftosb because the directory was already there. Any advice on the "right" way to do this sort of thing would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

JonSzymaniak
Contributor II

Per "/lib/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line" I tried adding -lm to the LIBS line elftosb-10.12.01/makefile.rules, and it now appears to be working.

However, I'm still getting up to speed on LTIB so I did this by diving into /opt/freescale/pkgs/, uncompressing elftosb-10.12.01.tar.gz, making the change, repacking it, and updating elftosb-10.12.01.tar.gz.md5.  I thought I should be able to to an scprep followed by an scbuild but ltib would "cowardly refuse" to build elftosb because the directory was already there. Any advice on the "right" way to do this sort of thing would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

I could install LTIB on Ubuntu 10.10 successfully. I had to download few other packages and install them. Can anybody provide their equivalent counterparts for Fedora13?

Are there anybody who had setup LTIB for i.MX28 in Fedora13?

Regards,

Balaji.V

0 Kudos