Recommended Companion Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Companion Hardware

Anonymity
Contributor I

Does anybody who's bought a Quick Start kit have companion hardware they would recommend to buy with it?  Reason why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

JeffGleason
Contributor I
May 25 is the correct date.

GatorBoz said:

Any updates on availability for the QSB?

Direct from Freescale shows 25 May, distributor digi-key shows 0 in stock.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

GatorBoz
Contributor I

Any updates on availability for the QSB?

Direct from Freescale shows 25 May, distributor digi-key shows 0 in stock.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

JeffGleason
Contributor I

Hello Anonymity,

I inquired about this at Freescale. Although I don't know why your order was cancelled, I was informed that when filling out the order, please be sure to fill out all of the requested information -- avoid leaving any items blank. Please contact me directly if you would like me to find out the exact reason your order was cancelled.

As for your website registration being deleted, this should never happen and must have been a glitch in the system. I have reported this issue for you.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos

Anonymity
Contributor I

I ordered directly from Freescale, even though nothing will be available until April 25th.

I got an order confirmation, then 24 hours later an order cancellation saying:

"Your Order ... could not be processed due to Export Control Check and/or Screening Process"

I am in the US, so I guess my university robotics project failed their "Screening Process".

They also apparently deleted my registration on their website, as I can no longer log into the Freescale website, even though I gave them all my personal information that they asked for when I registered.

Freescale does not appear to have their act together.

I'm going with the BeagleBoard, even though the specs are lower.  At least I know they will accept my money and ship.

0 Kudos

MXLuser
Contributor I
As of 3/8/2010 via the freescale Buy tab, all distis are showing no stock and "Buy Direct" shows availability April 25.
0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Yes, they are available for order now either through distribution or through buy direct.  See www.freescale.com/imxquickstart for ordering information.

Jonathan More said:
Are the QuickStart boards available for sale yet? Digikey shows no stock.
0 Kudos

Roshni
Contributor II
You might also need a VGA to component cable in case you don't have a HDMI daughter board for displaying TV resolutions.
0 Kudos

MXLuser
Contributor I
Are the QuickStart boards available for sale yet? Digikey shows no stock.
0 Kudos