WARNING - Device is secure. Flash is not accessible

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING - Device is secure. Flash is not accessible

susy_the_crowla
Contributor I
Hello! I recently bought Panasonic's PAN802154HAR00 Zigbee nodes. They are based on the GT60 Uc (practically identic to the SARD BOARD design). Yesterday I was trying to program them on my friend's computer and I connected the P&E Multilink Cable (USB) to the appropiate Jumper, and got this message on the Hiwave Console: Loading Target ... Windows NT detected. USB HCS08/HCS12 MULTILINK detected - Flash Version 5.49 Frequency change to ~3922304hz. WARNING - Device is secure. Flash is not accessible. Device is 9S08GT60. Mode is In-Circuit Debug. IO registers loaded for MC9S08GT60 from C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CW08 V3.1\prog\REG\MCU1006.REG Startup command file does not exist. Target Ready IO registers loaded for MC9S08GT60 from C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CW08 V3.1\prog\REG\MCU1006.REG RESET in> ======================================================== And when I tried programming it, the burner console could not access flash, and could not program the module, because of some "error 11" and did not said what an "error 11" was. I attach the message that normally appears when I connect the SARD: Loading Target ... Windows NT detected. USB HCS08/HCS12 MULTILINK detected - Flash Version 5.49 Frequency change to ~3918336hz. Device is 9S08GT60. Mode is In-Circuit Debug. IO registers loaded for MC9S08GT60 from C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CW08 V3.1\prog\REG\MCU1006.REG Startup command file does not exist. Target Ready IO registers loaded for MC9S08GT60 from C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CW08 V3.1\prog\REG\MCU1006.REG RESET in> ================== What can I do to program my Panasonic nodes? :smileysad:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi susy,

Sometimes it says it is secure because it can't talk for some other reason (broken?)

But if it really is just secured, then use load on the PEDebug menu select your code and burn it in.
It will do a mass erase first which will get rid of the security.

Perhaps it is secured as additional protection for a bootloader programmed into it???

Hope this helps

Regards
Peg

0 Kudos

susy_the_crowla
Contributor I
Thanks Peg!

Now I realized that another way of doing it, is opening the program "Test Tools" with the multilink cable connected, and it detects the restriction, and removes it.

:smileyvery-happy: Thank God my nodes now work... And thank you for your help!
0 Kudos