Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with communicate to MCU. "secured?"

Michail
Contributor I
Hello everyone

i've got little question for You .

i've built a TBDML interface with manual from Daniel , everything was all right , usb driver install ok,
after "set gdi" I configure path to .dll file and configure everything in "set speed" and "select MCU".
Computer see my TBDML interface but problem occur when i try to comunicate with MCU ( HC912-DT128A )

When I start Hi-wave , i ve got such effect:
http://programk.webd.pl/1.jpg
How can i find the reason of that problem. is this a hardwave problem or software? this " SECURE? " statement.
perhaps i must configure some thing to not get such statement.
perhaps TBDML can't work with 912DT128A . or something wrong with autoreset.

when i choose "TBDML HCS12" -> "Load" -> "load code" form .abs file , i've got:
http://programk.webd.pl/2.jpg
http://programk.webd.pl/3.jpg

have you got any sugest how to configure it in hiwave or in some file (ex. startup.cmd) to comunicate with mcu.
unluckily Daniel TBDML manual finish when i start Hiwave.

thanks a lot
michal

Message Edited by Michail on 2006-12-2608:10 PM

Message Edited by Michail on 2006-12-2608:11 PM

0 Kudos
3 Replies

DanielM
Contributor III
Michail,

your TBDML obviously cannot talk to the micro properly. You can try choosing the "Show Status" option from the menu. The "BDM Status Register" content should be non-zero and non-FF. Normal value is 0xC0.

The things to check are:

1) crystal. Short pins 1 and 2 on the 6-pin BDM connector on your board with a jumper. Power up your board and observe pin PE4. You should get a nice and stable clock of *exactly* half of your crystal frequency.

2) BDM line. Do you have a pull-up on it?

3) Reset line. Do you have a pull-up there?

Daniel
0 Kudos

Michail
Contributor I
thanks for your suggestion

sametimes i've got message "can not connect to target CPU"
but when i configure in hiwave a clock in target cpu and bdm cpu
that problem disapear but still cant fully connect with target..

i've got such report in status window:

hw ver: 1.0
sw ver: 0.3
dll ver: 1.1
GDI DLL: "Light GDI v1.7"
BDM Status reg: "0x00 (secured?)" or "0xFF (secured?)"
Crystal: "2.62 Mhz"

now I know that 0x00 is wrong...

on pin PE4 in HC908JB8 i've got 3,44 V

what length of cable betwen BKGD (target) and BDM 6pin jumper (TBDML) you suggest ??
now a use 25 centimetre cable but on my new PCB i will have about 6 centimetre.

I dont have any pullup resistor between BDM-6pin jumper and BKGD and RESET pin in target CPU.
which resistor you sugest to pull-up?
2k Ohm will be ok ? between 5V and BDM ... and between 5V and BDM_RESET line.

Thanks for help and any suggestion

Michail
0 Kudos

DanielM
Contributor III
Hello Michail,

the missing pull-up resistors are certainly a problem - it will not work without them. 2k should be fine.

25cm should be OK for the cable. The max. cable length will depend on your crystal frequency. The higher the crystal frequency, the higher the communications speed. At faster speeds the capacitance of the cable might become a problem if either the micro or TBDML are unable to drive that capacitance quickly enough compared to the communication speed. But 25cm cable should not cause any trouble.

By pin PE4 I meant pin PE4 on the S12 target micro, not the JB908... You would have to measure the frequency on this pin to get any meaningful information (not voltage). Do you have a scope or a meter capable of measuring frequencies? But try the pull-ups first, you have to fix those for sure...

Daniel
0 Kudos