cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where on earth is HCS08_Flash_Lib.Lib ?

Benchmark
Contributor I

Hello everyone:  robotvery-happy:

On application note AN2770 (dated 03-2006), related to Zigbee applications, they specify how to update the NVRAM flash segment at run time, and they mention the following flash library and accompanying files:

HCS08_Flash_Lib.Lib
Update_NVM.h
PTC_w_HCS08_Flash_Lib.ach

But this files are nowhere to be found...  I searched my whole system, the web, the forums..  to no avail. Does anyone out there know where they are (hello Freescale??). Im sure there's quite a lot of people trying to implement the same thing on their Zigbee application..

For anyone's information, the other way is to use the 'Processor Expert' bean for Flash, but this library from AN2770 seems a lot cleaner...

Thanks everyone :smileyhappy: 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Benchmark
Contributor I
Continuing with this topic, I've found that if your Zigbee project includes the bootloader, you don't need the flash library itself (seems the bootlaoder code can be used  to write to NV flash).

Aplication note 2773 says  the 'Switch Demo' shows how the NVRAM segment can be changed. Problem is,  the Switch Demo can't be found anywhere... :smileysad:

Does anyone out there has it (Freescale...please?).  The project goes by the name  "evk_switch_demo.mcp"

Thanks all :smileywink:
0 Kudos

NLFSJ
Contributor III
Hi,

It is my understanding that there is no link to download the source code for the Switch Demostration, but you can download the source code for many other applications inside the SMAC.
Simple MAC (SMAC), which is a set of primitives, enables the user use to evaluate the transceiver.   Its source code is available for download at no charge.  

People wanting a fast jump into wireless for their applications and with not much time to develop can use this software. More complex protocols can be created from this approach.  You can find several examples (inside the SMAC) that will help you to develop your application. Freescale provides SMAC source code so you can modify it for your own needs. Since all SMAC is written in C code, it can be easily migrated to another Microcontroller.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos