Sam Zakhem

Embedded programming tutorials for i.MX35

Discussion created by Sam Zakhem on Oct 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2011 by Xingyu Li
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in this whole embedded system world. I am trying to find any tutorial for c programming on i.mx35 pdk with linux 2.6.31 running on it. So I think it will be nice if we can start sharing some sample codes on this forum, I bet this will help a lot of people, especially new embedded programmers like me. Now I know there is Code sharing center in this forum but I just don't have any code to share yet.

As a start for example, what is the best way to access the registers on the i.mx35? For instance, if I want to access the SSI bus, I need to access its registers. How can I write a simple C code to do so? How can I start and what are the files I should include in my code? If anyone has any sample code to access any kind of registers , please I would really appreciate it if you can share at least some tips with me. I already searched the freescale forum but I couldn't find the help I need, but then I found this community forum so I thought that this is where I should first go for help.

Thank you in advance.

Szk

Outcomes