UART2 not working with latest freescale linux BSP (10.07.11)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART2 not working with latest freescale linux BSP (10.07.11)

ma_giorgio
Contributor I
Hi,
I downloaded form Freescale web site the L2.6.31_10.07.11_ER_source_bundle.
With the BSP and with ltib included in this bundle, I built a zImge for My EVM babbage board.
Now, I am not able to get UART2 and UART3 working .
With the previous version of the BSP provided by Freescale, with a simple pin settings in mx51_babbage_gpio.c file, all UARTs were working on my board.
Now, with the latest L2.6.31_10.07.11_ER_source_bundle I am no longer able to take the UART2 and UAR3 working.
Can anyone give me a suggestions?
Giorgio.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Yogesh1z
Contributor I

Hi Alex,

Could you please let us know the issue with UART2. Look at our config. i.mx515 pins EIM_D17 & EIM_D18 in
ALT3 Mode (RX/TX of UART2 instance) and EIM_D25 & EIM_D26 in ALT4 mode (CTS/RTS of UART2 Instance) for Bluetooth HCI host interface.

Please advise us asap. We have stuck since long time.

Alex Otero said:

Got UART 2 working on L2.6.31_10.07.11_ER_source_bundle.
0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V

Yogesh - did you get this working?

0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V
Yes - How did you fix this?   I'm running into similar issues trying to get UART2 (and then 3) on r9.2.  Especially since mx51_babbage_gpio.c and it's associated header file are not longer in the mach-mx5 folder!
0 Kudos

satank
Contributor I
Can you post what you did to get this working?
0 Kudos

aotero
Contributor I
Got UART 2 working on L2.6.31_10.07.11_ER_source_bundle.
0 Kudos

aotero
Contributor I
Have you been able to get around this? I'm working on the same issue if I have any success I will let you know. I've made some changes to serial.h, board-mx51_babbage.h I'm looking at the IOMUXCC tool and checking that right now to make sure I have the pins set correctly. In my situation I'm able to run the mxc_uart_test.out /dev/ttymxc1 I'm able to read the TEST data while I have a serial sniffer on /dev/ttymxc1 and I'm also able to stream a bunch of data to /dev/ttymxc1 I'm not able to view anything happening when we hook a scope to the ALT0 -> C14 pin. Alex
0 Kudos