Serial port utilization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial port utilization

mbp
Contributor V

Wondering outloud if anybody has had any success in accessing & utilizing the UARTs/serial ports on the EVK when running Android.  I have been working on porting the Android serialPort API (http://code.google.com/p/android-serialport-api/) but running into permissions issues.  I am using the prebuild library and not rebuilding using NDK. 

If anyone has success with serial port access - I would appreciate some pointers or a code snippet/sample. 

Thanks all!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mbp
Contributor V
In case it's needed, I second Rick's statement of Interest!
0 Kudos

satank
Contributor I
I'd be interested in a LTIB patch for UART2 ( DB9 on EXP board ).
0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V
Ricardo - thanks for your input. To confirm, UART1==ttymxc0, UART2==ttymxc1 and finally UART3==mxc2. With Eric's assistance we have been able to perform test communication via UART1 - (console port) need to use UART2 for actual data transfer - on the EVK adapter board MCIMX51EXP) due to console use of UART1. I see UART2 routed to a secondary DB9 connector (MCIMX51EXP). Cannot get any activity on this UART into/out of the EVK. Communication code in Java within Android OS - (byte-array) transfers initiated by fixed interval timer. Appreciate any serial I/O code you're willing to share.
0 Kudos