Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8548 RapidIO traffic generation

Jump to solution
raj_bang
Contributor I
Hi All,
Can anybody here advise about generating RapidIO traffic from MPC8548? Or is there any document where I can get this info from. Please write me if you know any.
Or is there any driver file from which I can try and find out?

thanks,
Rajendra
0 Kudos
1 Solution
raj_bang
Contributor I
Hi,
I have found ways to do that.Thought to reply in case anybody else needs the info.

1. Program ROWAR, ROWBAR and ROWTAR registers of MPC8548 for attributes and the address locations along with the size of the ATMU window. Then try to read or write into the window locations. This will generate the outbound packets on the rapidio interface.
This also needs the LAWAR and LAWBAR window setting to route the traffic to RAPIDIO interface. The code for Rapidio window setting being the "1100"

2. Other way is to program the DMA controller registers and set MR[cs] bit to 1. This happens only if the other SAR, DAR, SATR and DATR plus BAR registers are correctly programmed. The details can be found in the MPC8548 family reference manual.

thanks,
Rajendra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
raj_bang
Contributor I
Hi,
I have found ways to do that.Thought to reply in case anybody else needs the info.

1. Program ROWAR, ROWBAR and ROWTAR registers of MPC8548 for attributes and the address locations along with the size of the ATMU window. Then try to read or write into the window locations. This will generate the outbound packets on the rapidio interface.
This also needs the LAWAR and LAWBAR window setting to route the traffic to RAPIDIO interface. The code for Rapidio window setting being the "1100"

2. Other way is to program the DMA controller registers and set MR[cs] bit to 1. This happens only if the other SAR, DAR, SATR and DATR plus BAR registers are correctly programmed. The details can be found in the MPC8548 family reference manual.

thanks,
Rajendra
0 Kudos